RIP MIKE DOYLE

RIP Mike Doyle

Never privelaged enough to meet him and only seem him play on DVD's etc however sounds a top top top geezer (and he hated the scum with a passion too). Fortunately he did get to see us lift the cup and see our progress in the last year.

Lets hope he, along with nelly and big malc and all the others, guide us the Allianz Arena this coming season.

RIP Mike Doyle

RIP Mike "I hate United" Doyle, your memory will live on forever. A True Blue Legend !

A True Blue a true Manc one of the best a true Man City Hero who will ever forget the way he used to wind the reds up before a Derby I loved this man RIP Mick give em Hell in Heaven

Mike was to me the original Mr 100%. When it came to playing Utd, Mr 200%.
Vaguely remember him having a scrap with Brian Kidd I think in a derby in about 1968/9. He was always up and at 'em. He was on record as saying how much he hated them.
He went from a good midfielder in the championship winning side to a superb central defender in the 70's and later career.
I went with a few mates as The Mike Doyle Appreciation Society to see him make his England debut at wrexham against Wales. He was never a fashionable player and was one of those who probably should have played for his country more than he did, but with Moore, J Charlton, Watson, Macfarlane, Todd and others around, it wasn't easy getting in as a central defender.
I recommend his book.
A very sad loss for all blues - we older ones in particular.

If anyone epitomised reliability, passion and professionalism for the Blue's cause it was Mike Doyle. Sad day for City. Sincere condolences to his family and friends. Rest in Peace Blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.