RIP MIKE DOYLE

My dad and me waited for him at the front of Maine Road once and I was struck dumb by this huge, square jawed man(I was 7 at the time). Once I overcome the shyness, he chatted to me and talked about my school and if there were many blues in it.

I muttered yes and his parting words were that we needed to keep the reds in their place. I was babbling all the way home that I had met Mike Doyle.

A few weeks later and we saw him again and without any prompting asked me how school was. I still have his autograph and without doubt he was my favourite City player.

Thanks for all the memories. Look down and watch us.

Absolute fukin rock and a legend the guy was blue through and through i cant believe this sad news.

So sorry to the the family and R.I.P. Mike i will never forget

Re: Re: RIP MIKE DOYLE

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Hated the scum even more than I do,and always gave everything on the pitch.
Rest in peace Mike.

Same

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

RIP mike, some players are just like part of the furniture, you are one of those chosen Few

Too young to see him in action but from what I've heard and read, including from himself, he'd bleed blue. Cheers Mike and my condolences to his family and friends.

By the way, I'm not sure I've imagined this, but I thought I'd seen or heard somewhere that he showed his arse to the Stretford End. Is this true?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.