RIP MIKE DOYLE

True gent. I was a 9 year old outside maine road's entrance waiting for autographs one rainy post match evening when Mike emerged and asked me who I was waiting for (it being so wet, there was only me and me dad there). I said 'Wyn Davies', to which Mike replied 'Oh he'll be a while yet, come on in'. He took me to the players lounge and introduced me one by one to the players, passing my autograph book around as we went. Me dad was a bit miffed having been left outside but Mike did have a sense of humour.

R.I.P.

The word legend is used far too often nowadays !
But who could ever begrudge Mike that word ?
Blue blood would have come out of his veins and his hate for the Rags is well documented.
Must admit that Sky are doing a nice memorial to him,reading out e-mails from fans.Also nice to hear some of the older Rags paying tribute.
RIP Mike.The likes of you are few and far nowadays.

Mike Doyle RIP :-(

Met him on at least three occasions over the years, great guy. Loved his attitude to The Rags and I have always been a fully paid up member of the Mike Doyle School Of Thinking when it comes to United - "hate the bastards"

A bit of grumpy so and so, until you filled him with beer and then he was in his element - sat with him at a dinner in one of the suites a few years back - thoroughly entertaining all night!

Will be sadly missed... :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.