RIP Mum (Mrs Oakiecokie aged 96)

Sorry for your loss blue. I've got a 99 year old lady living next door to me . I find it amazing that she still does her gardening. Stubborn old Italian who lives on her own in a fairly big house . I try to help a little but I couldn't imagine my self hitting that number and being independent.

Found her one day in the rose bushes with a cut face and she said please don't tell my kids I was doing the gardening. I ain't sure who they think does it as they don't. I do a lot of my mum and dad's garden and they are 25 years younger than her .

Our dear Mum (aged 96) passed away this morning after 5 nights in hospital and we were amazed that she lasted this long as we had been informed that it would just be a matter of hours initially.
She had been in a Nursing Home for 9 months having Dementia but her latest setback was no oxygen was circulating into her blood system and even at the maximum dosage the medication wasn`t working.
At least she didn`t suffer any pain and was on high doses of morphine to stop her getting agitated.
She was a star alright and very often she reminded us of Nana from The Royle Family.
RIP Mum and catch up with Dad at long last.
xx
Sorry to hear that mate. I'm going through the same thing atm. Just a waiting game but like your mum she's in no pain which is a great comfort. All the best to you and your family

Our dear Mum (aged 96) passed away this morning after 5 nights in hospital and we were amazed that she lasted this long as we had been informed that it would just be a matter of hours initially.
She had been in a Nursing Home for 9 months having Dementia but her latest setback was no oxygen was circulating into her blood system and even at the maximum dosage the medication wasn`t working.
At least she didn`t suffer any pain and was on high doses of morphine to stop her getting agitated.
She was a star alright and very often she reminded us of Nana from The Royle Family.
RIP Mum and catch up with Dad at long last.
xx
Worst day of my life when my dear Mum passed in 2019 aged 83. So sorry for your loss Oakie, a great age and you will cherish the memories, it’s a blur when it happens and it takes time but sounds like she had a cracking innings. It’s a year on Saturday since my Dad died and I’ve been reliving the events of 12 months ago, end of life is something we struggle with.

RIP, Mrs Oakie Senior, my thoughts are with you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.