Rishi Sunak

He has no clue about the majority of people in the UK struggling to meet ends meet. Just a romanticised version from his own reality.
It's all our fault for not going to Winchester College, studying PPE at Oxford University then an MBA at Stanford University, all renown for "keeping it real" for the participants.
And also our fault for not studying Maths until we were 18
(Actually I did, but failed it, passing when 19)

Target Stop the Boats.
It doesn't stop me knowing that 1,335 is more than 1,180 when it's meant to be less.
I also know that transferring thousands of claimants from List A and moving them to List B means I can proclaim List A is now smaller. When I need to reduce List B, guess how I would do it.

Target NHS Waiting Lists.
I also know that when the NHS waiting list hasn't reduced as promised, I can take comfort in saying that strikes have had an impact - what was that you said Mr Sherlock?
But I know that if there were zero strikes then the NHS list would not have dramatically reduced because the capacity isn't large enough, the tank only empties if there is a much bigger drainpipe, a slight turning of the tap doesn't help much.

Target Halve Inflation.
The one target that is happening, halving inflation, is actually the responsibility of the Bank of England. It doesn't stop Rishi from taking credit though.
And maybe I'd also choose to ignore that oil is now around $80/barrel when it was $120/barrel in mid-2022 after blaming oil prices responsible for electricity price increases (and inflation).

Target Grow the Economy.
A meaningless target, Grow? By how much? 1%, 2%, a pound?
Coming out of a 2020 covid recession it would be near-impossible to not grow, especially when oil prices are dropping.
2023 growth estimated to have been 0.6% and 2024 forecast to be 0.7%.
Desperately trying to keep public sector pay rises minimal, ignoring that a pound in January 2021 was worth about 95p in January 2022, about 85p in January 2023 and forecast to be about 80p now, making a mockery of the Halve Inflation target.

Target Reduce Debt.
But above all, one target is hardly mentioned - reducing debt.
When in PMQs or in similar debates when the attack on Labour is all about tax increases ready and waiting, I want the questions to be asked about the UK National Debt - we owe more than £2,500,000,000,000 that's 2.5 TRILLION pounds (compared to "only" 1.5 trillion in 2010).
The government revenue (tax collected) being about £1 trillion/year (and NHS taking about £200 billion of this).
And for a bit of context, Sheikh Mansour is worth about £17 billion.

If I'd studied Maths for a degree it might all make sense, but I didn't and it's all bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.