Rising damp on internal walls

I'm registering an interest in this thread. Our cellar is damp as Fck.

How do modern cellar conversions work - do they stick a membrane on the bricks and platerboard over?

Anyone work in damp proofing or out like that? I have some damp on internal walls and could do with it looking at. It is on a few walls internally so don't think it is a leak from any where.

I was going to bodge it up and sell the house but it looks like I am staying now, so need to sort it out.
A lot of the time, poor workmanship when the house was built means that the overflow mortar has blocked the cavity wall low down so water builds up over time causing rising damp.

Basically, brickies are lazy and sloppy bastards!

A lot of the time, poor workmanship when the house was built means that the overflow mortar has blocked the cavity wall low down so water builds up over time causing rising damp.

Basically, brickies are lazy and sloppy bastards!

Its a 120 year old terrace mate. They are rock solid. Its just one of them things and I will get it sorted. I have a surveyor coming out next week to give me an independent view. Will take it from there then. Had an offer of help from a blue on here, so will hit him up once I know what the script is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.