Rival Fans

Had a pint of a plastic mickey and handshakes from the odd rag pisspot.

A proper Red mate went straight onto his facebook to congratulate all his City friends on the treble.
most proper manc reds are happy for us mate....few nob heads who don't go are not.

Here in Philadelphia, I've been a member of my Mummers club for 11 years. Originally, on any match day I was banished to a back bar to watch the matches alone or sometimes with 1 or 2 other members who are sports fans with no rooting interest.
Fast forward to 2023, now out of the club's 194 members on match days, every TV in the building has real football (as opposed to throwball) on. There are, at a minimum, 20 guys in the building at 7 am. Everyone has picked a club to support, Wolves are very popular, several Crystal Palace, Arsenal and Chelsea, one extremely vocal Spurs fan, Newcastle, West Ham, and Brighton are all represented. There are about 15 City supporters, who may have aligned with me due to my knowledge of the game and my never wavering passion for City. Of course there are some bad ones in every group. 8 ushited supporters and 4 red dippers.
There are probably about 100 members who have succumbed to the siren's call of the "beautiful game", I have been congratulated by at least 75 of them, either via text, e-mail, phone or in person. I have heard from or seen 1 dipper and 0 quiet neighbors. Two of the ushited supporters mysteriously vanished around 70 minutes into the CL Final (farts in the wind).
A City flag has proudly flown outside for 3 years now (PL Champs) patiently waiting for a new treble winners flag to replace the other one, which has been beaten up a bit by three years of Philly weather.
Long may City conquer and rule.

I saw one in Bury yesterday in hat and shirt, it took a lot of strength not to point and laugh at him. I was in full view of professional colleagues I'd just had a meeting with so refrained.
It was one of those Sharp ones I saw, the sort with the string ties at the top - I shouted "Is that the last time you went fuck-face?"

*Under my breath because he was a big fucker.

Had quiet a few tbh, im on a few adidas trainner pages and lots of folk from different clubs(boro,leeds,barnsley,wba,rangers,celtic, barcodes,sunderland) sent good luck then congrats messages.dont really expect it from my rag mates tbf tbey wouldnt be getting one from me

One Peterborough, Birmingham City (same fella though he doesn't count as I have made him into a City fan too)
Villa (the brother of the Posh fan - he supports them too), Bolton, Everton and Rochdale. All with congratulations.
Not a peep from any of the outlaws - they are all sly sport rags though so expected nothing less. One branch of them has been in Cyprus for the last two and a half weeks as one of them was getting wed out there - that accounts for 7 alone - oh I love you City for completely casting a big fucking shadow over the whole event - i know that no matter what they'll be totally pissed off at both the results!
Good mate who is the most bitter BIFFO going is on radio silence.

I've had congrats from Spuds, Everton & Leeds.

The Rags I know started on the afternoon of the final, but I wasn't allowing them into my head-space to distract me.

As soon as the final whistle blew, I leveled at their collective heads & gave em all both barrels! :-)

They came with the usual City Bingo:

We did it first

We earned our treble, you bought yours

Old Toilet's bigger than the Emptihad

Empty seats

ManUre's 99 team were better

Ferguson's better than Pep

Pep's a chequebook manager

Pep's leaving in 2025. After that you're fucked!

You'll be forgotten by September

99 squad was organic & mostly homegrown

The PL's easier to win now than in 99

You had an easy run in the Cups!

Lukaku's shit, that's why you won

You're FFP cheats & should've been kicked out of the PL & CL

Arsenal bottled it

De Gea made a keeping error

Manufactured club

A million & one FFP fines

Nobody cares about your shit stained treble, because you're FFP cheats

Pep the greatest manager ever? Ferdinand, Carragher, Hargreaves, Busquets, Messi & Owen know fuck all about football!

Citeh!

Fuckin HATE Curly Watts, Bernard Manning & Oasis!!

You know the deal! I suspect the Rags are seriously butt hurt! :-)

Last edited:
Two of my best mates are rags and they’ve been alright in all fairness. Even if I can see the pain in their eyes when they said congrats. Still got the 115 charges after it all though which made me just go full Bert

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.