rivalry between English clubs (I'm Spanish)

Two cheeks of the same arse.
Official Blue Moon statement
C0A50E76-486E-4837-8A70-8E32923BA694.jpeg

These two clubs are best mates at boardroom level.

E2A855F0-2010-4ED2-BF65-0742FED3990D.jpeg
23D4A942-A6C3-4762-BD14-EAB01AEC0052.jpeg
B126AEDF-51EE-467A-94C4-F21C2046FBD1.jpeg

They might use each other in the media as convenient happenstance rivals, but they are essentially business partners.

Arsenal are right in there with them n’all (see the infamous ‘meal’ photo).

5047CD99-B3A2-47E8-A4BC-E7B91692DEEB.jpeg

If it’s red - it’s scum!

If an arse could have three cheeks, these three would be three cheeks of the same arse.

I don’t really hate anyone else. Maybe Wigan and Boro because they’re our bogey teams, and I’ve irrationally never liked Stockport or FC United as local rivals who also hate us even though they’re miles behind us.

I’m lead to believe that City and Bolton were once very big local rivals and saw each other as a derby (@Gary James, wonder if you have any further information on that?).

I dislike Spurs and Everton who I see as good rivals we’ve had over the years. Celtic and Rangers who I simply can’t be doing with their dominance (even though I’d like them and all of Scotland in a British league system, I think it’d be great!)… the rest of the Spiteful 9 Leicester, Burnley, Wolves and Newcastle maybe n’all. Bayern München for their City-hating boardroom too!

But I only really hate the three evil redshirts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Up to about 6 or 7 years ago, there wasn't really a serious rivalry between us and the cultists. I think it probably started in earnest when we played them in the CL. Others, though, might say it started in the 13/14 season. But before then, it was almost solely utd.

I am Spanish, i am a barcelona and Man City fan. forgive my ignorance. I know there is a lot of rivalry between man city and man united. but is there more rivalry between liverpool and man city? I have never known which rivalry is stronger. regards
I'll try and spell out a bit of history.

United are our local rivals. For those of us growing up/living in Manchester their fans are at school or work with us. For many years United were the dominant team in the country winning everything whilst we were being relegated and promoted - their fans were full of themselves. If you also live in Barcelona - imagine being an Espanyol fan - they must hate Barcelona FC and all their success. That was us.

Liverpool is a rival city to Manchester. There are just 30 miles between us. The people of both cities believe they are the dominant city in the Region. So in footballing terms both City and United have always had a rivalry with Liverpool - but in the days when United were the best team in the country, we would put that aside and (reluctantly) wish Liverpool well against United. In the 1980's Liverpool were the best team in the country - their fans still live off that history.

When City began to challenge for the title - it was United we had to beat. So in 2011-13 - they were our local and title challenging rivals. But since then United have struggled to challenge for the title and Liverpool have emerged as the most consistent title rival. Hence, in order to win the title we need to be consistently better than Liverpool - add to that the rivalry of two cities, and that their ex-players and supporters dominate our media with their divine right to win everything and the rivalry you have seen between us has emerged.

But for those of us who grew up or still live in Manchester - then United are the bigger rivals and even if we never win anther trophy we would always want to get the better of United. And If the days of United and Liverpool challenging for the title ever return - then I suspect most of us would just about prefer Liverpool to win.

Always will be the twats from Stretford the dippers are just an annoyance like shit on your shoe

I really appreciate the responses. Now I have a better idea. One question, is there sympathy between Chelsea and Man City? Which is the premier team with whom Man City has the best historical relationship?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.