rivalry between English clubs (I'm Spanish)

I really appreciate the responses. Now I have a better idea. One question, is there sympathy between Chelsea and Man City? Which is the premier team with whom Man City has the best historical relationship?
No sympathy with Chelsea - both clubs have spent most of their history in the top division without winning it regularly. Both have been relegated and promoted, both have had periods where they have been good for a while and then long periods of mediocrity - but they got rich before we did and then act as if they have been best team in the the country for ever. Added to that they got lucky twice in the Champions League and won't let us forget it - and their from London and we don't much like London.

Having said that about London - we perhaps get on OK with West Ham, Like us they have had to live in the shadows of local rivals, they draw from a working class fan base and they have a reputation for playing football with a bit of flair. But whether they would say that now that we are successful - I don't know.

Otherwise, it perhaps depends on individual circumstances, family connections etc. And there was a time when we were lots of supporters second team - they sympathised with us having put up with United, the ups and downs of being a City fan and many celebrated with us when we won the league in 2012 - because we beat United. But we don't get that sort of support any more - we are too rich and too boring.

Outside the Premier league (but maybe returning to it soon) City have liked West Brom and Sunderland; both traditional clubs with working-class support.

In Spain, the city receives a lot of support from Barcelona. I can confirm that to you. Me and my family are cules (Barcelona fans) and we are also city fans since Guardiola arrived. The media, the press, from Barcelona and Valencia are also very loving towards the city. however, the madrid press is quite aggressive against city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.