Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first twenty pages of this thread make for an interesting read: was a potential POTS, was going to displace de Bruyne, and the number of free-kicks he was going to score, well!

240 pages on and he's become our very own version of HS2.

Who's the lunatic that said he was going to displace Kev?

Well, we are going down to basics. Human behaviour.

We assume he just needs more confidence, as he technically is a great footballer.
We should assume supporting him would lift his confidence.
But we don't support him, definitely not the way we could.
Why?
Because we are lazy fuckers,
because no one is starting to join in,
because moaning is easier than supporting,
because being egoistic is the opposite of supporting someone else UNconditionally, to help him. That is support, in contrast to applause.

Pep has to do the job for us and it seems the best thing we could do is being patient at least,
but even that is way too much for many of us. Angst is coming much quicker than faith.

Although we exactly know how Bernardo has developed, also Raheem, even Sergio.
Dementia is spreading rapidly, one could argue.
But sadly, it's not about dementia.

Lol. Yeah, it's our fault he's been a complete failure since he joined and it's our fault starting him is like playing with 10 men.

Profound stuff.

He wasn't bad but he wasn't good either, defenders must rub there hands when they see they are facing him over sterling and sane. Far too one dimensional.

Makes Mangala look like a bargain... if delph wasn't playing he'd have been the worst player on the pitch (which is an achievement given how crap everyone was last night)

All this stuff of "tracking back" - because he stopped sissoko in the second half costing us a free kick in a dangerous area? Can't think of any other episodes of "tracking back". I'd rather have Sane, Jesus, Foden, KDB in the wide area over him.

The first twenty pages of this thread make for an interesting read: was a potential POTS, was going to displace de Bruyne, and the number of free-kicks he was going to score, well!

240 pages on and he's become our very own version of HS2.

Must admit I was (probably in hindsight) over excited when he joined us,I thought he would hit the ground running,with PL experience etc etc,and that he would give other players a run for their money,as paying 60m for him he wasn't here to sit on the bench....

Over the months I've read posters saying he's adapting to the system and that,but truth is he hasn't,and no signs of doing so,he's got to be released from the business this summer.

Must admit I was (probably in hindsight) over excited when he joined us,I thought he would hit the ground running,with PL experience etc etc,and that he would give other players a run for their money,as paying 60m for him he wasn't here to sit on the bench....

Over the months I've read posters saying he's adapting to the system and that,but truth is he hasn't,and no signs of doing so,he's got to be released from the business this summer.

In all our defence, it was a very hot summer last year, which perhaps made people do and say things they probably now regret. One poster even stated that s/he wouldn't be surprised if Barcelona and Real Madrid weren't sniffing around Mahrez by this time. Hmm. As I say, uncharacteristically hot...

You can see why, like everyone else can , he is shit. Never gets a dirty shirt, never breaks out in sweat, never a hair out of place when he leaves the field. He is a lazy bastard.
Pep praised him, do not pretend that Pep was out of his depth ! The lad worked his socks off and was continously tracking back, he was far from being lazy last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.