#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that you and many others will never warm to him even if he scored a hat-trick in the CL final. Might be the price tag, might be his hair, might be his toes, who knows. You lot are nowhere to be seen when he has a good game and only here to jump at his throat at the slightest mistake.

For the record, he's is the second best player behind KdB, who's absolutely untouchable, and had a good season. Now I'm not saying he's perfect but the amount of bashing he gets is really unwarranted.
That's fair.

Mahrez always has great numbers, but so do a couple of other players who dont frustrate like he does with wrong option, greediness, not running back enough.

I still prefer we keep him, but you have to admit he is very frustrating.

That's fair.

Mahrez always has great numbers, but so do a couple of other players who dont frustrate like he does with wrong option, greediness, not running back enough.

I still prefer we keep him, but you have to admit he is very frustrating.

I don't disagree with that at all. It happens a lot with flair players. However the thing is that the absence of a proper defense (Laporte's injury and the inability to replace Kompany) is that what cost the title. Not Mahrez, or Sterling, or Gundogan, or Sané. People are barking up the wrong tree imo.

I don't disagree with that at all. It happens a lot with flair players. However the thing is that the absence of a proper defense (Laporte's injury and the inability to replace Kompany) is that what cost the title. Not Mahrez, or Sterling, or Gundogan, or Sané. People are barking up the wrong tree imo.
I agree, I believe I posted it somewhere here very recently.

City score alot of goals, have for 3 years in a row, the problem is the defense.

I think that you and many others will never warm to him even if he scored a hat-trick in the CL final. Might be the price tag, might be his hair, might be his toes, who knows. You lot are nowhere to be seen when he has a good game and only here to jump at his throat at the slightest mistake.

For the record, he's is the second best player behind KdB, who's absolutely untouchable, and had a good season. Now I'm not saying he's perfect but the amount of bashing he gets is really unwarranted.

Mate, instead of responding to my points you prefer to generalize and mix me up with other unnamed posters.
Stop that nonsense.

Read back my balanced posts on Riyad if you like, I'm not a 'basher' (while he seems to be your personal hero...).
But i can see what he does and what he doesn't
and I'll repeat myself that Pep seems to miss something as well.

But first of all I didn't have anything to say about him today at all
if you wouldn't have to come out with a cheeky 'lol'
obviously only after he scored - which he did well.

He has good stats - but I'm able to interpret stats for the quality behind.
And I never in my lifetime would be deluded enough to blame 1 single player for being at fault we didn't defend the title. YOU are barking up the wrong tree.

If you want to get in deeper detail I suggest you go to pm.

I think had we had a top form Bernardo and a fit and firing Sané (or some other unique fourth winger) then a lot of the frustrations with Mahrez would be lesser. There's definitely times where we need a player like Mahrez.

I would like to see him tried in a false 9 role. I always think he is more dangerous attacking centrally and he is good shooting with both feet.
He's very creative and has a great shot. I think this is an interesting idea.

Mahrez is brilliant when we have a 2 goal lead.
even tho he was the only goal scorer or scoring opener in some pl games at city? (last season and this one)
it's like you u have never watched a city game. u just look at some forum replays and randomly comment XD

I think he was the second-best City Player this year and if you think otherwise you may need some recap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.