Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it is called having an opinion of your own, what I typed was hardly worthy of your scorning reply, it is forum for discussion and if you to dumb to understand why we can’t make signings at 200m despite us being “loaded” then there is no hope for you really.

That wasn't scorning.
You missed the point.

I'm sorry that you're offended

What this thread has proved is that one in two City fans know sweet FA about football.

I know.

How annoying to read on these boards and elsewhere the zeal with which people advocate playing Diaz and Foden full-time; so we throw our talented 17 and 18 year olds, neither of whom is a winger, into the pressure cooker environment that's the end of season in 4 competitions?!? Pep is handling these young talents just the proper way...thank you very much.

Surely if he ain't travelled with there squad theres got to be a chance of it being done...dont see the logic in Leicester leaving him at home if there was nothing in the pipeline
Look
If you had
One shot
Or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
In one moment
Would you capture
Or just let it slip?

Do we have to sell/loan one player out before we could bring in Mahrez?

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 2m2 minutes ago
Wonder if Mangala’s potential exit is mainly driven by the need to free up a Premier League squad place if a new player arrives (City currently have all 25 spots filled). Ideally I think they would want to keep him as cover, given Kompany’s fitness issues

Maybe this is linked to any new signings..

paul joyce‏ @_pauljoyce 13m13 minutes ago
Everton now confident of signing Manchester City’s Eliaquim Mangala on loan

Surely if he ain't travelled with there squad theres got to be a chance of it being done...dont see the logic in Leicester leaving him at home if there was nothing in the pipeline

Hope he is close to Manchester, waiting for the go ahead for his medical.

I think Mahrez could make a world of difference to our current squad (not a popular opinion I know!)... We are all presuming Pep will play him as a winger (and probably will whilst Sane is out) but there's also the option to play him more centrally - a lot of his goals / assists come from starting out wide and then cutting in.

Our attacking play has become a bit predictable lately - either get it out to Sane / Sterling to bomb down the wing and pump in a cross or let KDB find a killer long range pass to split defenses, I am sure most teams practice defending crosses like crazy when they are due to play us...

Mahrez would add something totally different - he runs at defenders with the ball at his feet and takes them on - he's quick, skillful and a nightmare to defend against (as we know) - stick him in a central (ish) role and that is a another key to unlock "park the bus" teams.

Sorry but even though i love the idea of home grown talent Foden, Tosin and Diaz are not quite ready If we need something to keep us in a game would you look to them AT PRESENT to get us back in it?

He's hardly going to be in the right frame of mind. We'll sell him, but at the right price. It's down to you guys.

Top quality player, would very easily flourish in this team. He is different to Sane, not quite as quick and devastating on the break but I think he has a better shot in him and a better eye for assists. No brainer, he replaces Sane for now yes but he gives competition to KDB/Sterling and Silva as well.

The heirarchy clearly see this year as their year and we need to give ourselves every chance which makes this kind of transfer obvious. We will win 4 trophies if we can just keep everyone fit and ensure we have the quality to beat teams.

If we don't have the players then when you look at it we are very thin on the ground. We have no like for like option for Sane, Fernandinho currently has to play every game and we have been playing a backup for Fern at left back who is also now injured. Aguero also has to play every game or we defacto have no striker at all. To keep the momentum signings have become vital really.

For all those saying we should play the kids well put it this way, will you happily play the kids against United in the PL or Barcelona in the CL? That is the choice Pep will be forced to make if we pickup any more injuries.

No offence to the kids at all but we can't put the pressure on them to perform straight away at the level we need because they just can't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.