Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why were we trying to sign a 29 year old Sanchez in the same position when everyone was fit last Summer then?

You can’t operate a team that plays with wide forwards in a front three when there are only two actual wide forwards in the squad.

We’ve literally winged it this season by relying on the two wide forwards we have to stay fit and suspension free, by playing players out of position to cover them when they’re not there (Jesus BSilva deBruyne DSilva Diaz Foden - not a single one of these players is a wide forward and we don’t have a single other in the squad).

We also don’t have a single forward bang in their prime years. I always say 26-29 year’s old. Kun is nearly 30. Sterling Sané and Jesus are 23 22 and 20.

Mahrez is a wide forward who is 26 who has played four years Prem experience and has won a Prem title and POTS. Name another player in world football who ticks all those boxes? £90m for that when 25 year old Coutinho went for £145m and Sterling was £50m but was 21, seems about right.

We aren’t looking for someone to cover an injury for a few months, trying to sign Sanchez twice shows that. We are looking for a player in his prime who has too Prem experience who can play left or right of a front three for the next four years until our younger lot get into their prime.
This. Amazed that people keep referring to short term covering an injury etc. The injury to Sane may just may have forced us to do something now that we were willing to leave until the Summer but there are lots of reasons why this makes sense. We have a great chance of winning 4 trophies and this guys fits how Pep wants to play perfectly. Guys like Foden and Diaz will get game time but they're not ready to play big games right now but may learn from players like Mahrez. If we want to compete with the best in the world we need to sign world class players and Mahrez is one of them and may be available for a lot less than other potential targets and has the advantage of knowing and playing in the league already.

I was being sarcastic , in response to a million fucking stupid posts from idiots on here .

Do you get that FFS ?

No I didn't because I haven't read the "million fucking stupid posts" you refer to. I just logged on and saw your post on the last page.

Forgive me for taking your post at face value. Here's a tip...if you're trying to do humour make it funny.

Take on board the Leicester fans views TBH

They may be on the verge of selling their best player with very little to play for but they still support there club and want what's best for them.

It's a bit similar when Chavs bought SWP from us really but later in the window.

Hope we get this done but no hard feelings towards a fellow fan expressing his views from his own/club perspective it adds to this forum

I think given Mahrez clear desire to leave, it would be in the best interests of all 3 parties to reach an agreement. However, if Leicester want to deal with whatever fallout comes their way, should they block the move, that's up to them. I cant blame them for not wanting to lose their best player, on the last day of the window and for a price which is below their valuation.

Especially given who can claim to be the most recent champions. Some on here are way too arrogant.

Leicester are a decent club and quite rightly are not just going to cave in on the last day. We will have to pay over the odds or walk away.

I doubt we will go above £65 - £70 million. If that works fine. If not, I don't blame Leicester for sticking by their guns.

But they do have a lot of factors to balance such as an unhappy player on the last day again.
Is it time for out final take it or leave it offer of £65+5m add ons. Then test Shaktar's resolve for Fred?

Why were we trying to sign a 29 year old Sanchez in the same position when everyone was fit last Summer then?

You can’t operate a team that plays with wide forwards in a front three when there are only two actual wide forwards in the squad.

We’ve literally winged it this season by relying on the two wide forwards we have to stay fit and suspension free, by playing players out of position to cover them when they’re not there (Jesus BSilva deBruyne DSilva Diaz Foden - not a single one of these players is a wide forward and we don’t have a single other in the squad).

We also don’t have a single forward bang in their prime years. I always say 26-29 year’s old. Kun is nearly 30. Sterling Sané and Jesus are 23 22 and 20.

Mahrez is a wide forward who is 26 who has four years Prem experience and has won a Prem title and POTS. Name another player in world football who ticks all those boxes? £90m for that when 25 year old Coutinho went for £145m and Sterling was £50m but was 21, seems about right.

We aren’t looking for someone to cover an injury for a few months, trying to sign Sanchez twice shows that. We are looking for a player in his prime who has top Prem experience who can play left or right of a front three for the next four years until our younger lot get into their prime.

I feel like driving to the CFA and telling Txiki to shove £90m in cash into my boot and I’ll drive to Leicester and deliver it and drive Mahrez back myself this makes so much sense for our squad

Fair points well made.

To date no matter who we have targeted and who has arrived 50-60 million seems to be the around the ceiling.

If Mahrez fits the bill and ticks the boxes that Pep requires and the board / scouts will support or visa versa then who are we to be critical of the choice and the amount involved.

We have a wage structure to employ as some say a different model to the Red ones and hence we couldn't do a deal with Arsenal for Sanchez which in the end involved a player that they didn't need going to a club who wanted that player pretty plain and simple to me.

Whether we will go higher that 60 mill for Mahrez we will find out today if that's what it takes.

One thing for sure is its not a panic buy and I am sure we would be after him assuming we are irrespective of the injury situation to Gab and Leroy.

Not really, he's only giving his view from a Leicester fans perspective, nothing we haven't done from a city point of view.

His value might be less in the summer but it might be more important right now for Leicester to feel they get his value even if that means he goes for a lower fee in the summer when his value isn't as high. He's their best player by far, it won't go down well with their fans if they let him go on deadline day and feel he's gone cheaply.
090914_Signals_promo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.