Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen this posted anywhere yet.

"Crystal Palace have agreed a deal of £9m plus add-ons with FC Midtjylland to sign striker Alexander Sorloth." - According to Sky

Can play anywhere across the front 3, interesting with Leicester apparently wanting Townsend as their Mahrez replacement?
Hmmmm interesting

Mahrez only cost £400,000 iiirc and also came from Ligue 2 so that alone doesn't rule out him being Mahrez replacement.
We were a championship club when we signed him and he still had loads to learn to progress. The manager has literally already stated he's not a replacement for Mahrez when Danny Mills decided to declare that MAhrez was as good as sold when we signed this lad the other week.

Not seen this posted anywhere yet.

"Crystal Palace have agreed a deal of £9m plus add-ons with FC Midtjylland to sign striker Alexander Sorloth." - According to Sky

Can play anywhere across the front 3, interesting with Leicester apparently wanting Townsend as their Mahrez replacement?
It's conditional on Midget land getting a replacement before the window closes.

+1 It's a very Raggish like comment & embarrassing to City & it's fans.
It isn't arrogant in any sense,
+1 It's a very Raggish like comment & embarrassing to City & it's fans.
It isn't a raggish like comment at all. Its an honest opinion from a Football fan. Mahrez's talents far exceed a team competing for mid table spots in the foreseeable future. Kinkladze and Wright Phillips left us because they were far too good for us at the time, and its the same case for Mahrez now. Football has moved on since we were fighting to keep hold of our players, and Mahrez no matter how arrogant it sounds is far too good for Leicester and the club should move him on. They are just keeping a player from his dream of playing for a team to match his ambitions.

Last edited:
You’re argument works both ways though; if you over value him then we walk away - which is what I originally said so it’s not utter bollocks is it! And you’ll be left with someone who doesn’t want to play for your club anymore, so much so he’s handed in a transfer request. I know you’re gutted but we won’t pay more than we are willing to pay, mentioning the current market, VVD etc. is irrelevant where we are concerned, as proven with $anc€z. Sorry about that.
He's already put in a transfer request in the summer, nothing has changed. We turned down the chance to sell him to Roma and he's come back and is in the form of his life. I'm going off what I've already seen, he knows very well that for clubs to be interested he has to perform.

It's not us you need to blame for overvaluing him, it's not us paying £50m for right backs or £57m for uncapped centre backs completely untried in this league. It's those with huge sums of money inflating the market and raising the price of all players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.