Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always seem to let our players go for less than their real value, with possible exception of Iheanacho.

Not really. We don't tend to lose the players we deem to be of value to us. The ones we get a bad price for are clearly surplus to requirements when we come to sell which doesn't leave us with a very strong hand in negotiations. They're also usually players we've overpaid for in the first place.

If you want to see us sell a player for their real value then i'm sure we could get £150m for KDB, but i think we'd all much rather keep him.

...who puts in transfer requests every window. He doesn't want to be there and the danger is that they're leaving themselves stuck with a player turning in underwhelming performances that might well cost them a chance of the FA Cup or league places.

If they promised him a ticket out after the title and their subsequent exit from the Chumps League given what you say is the case and I am no doubting it PB i Just don't know if the stories are on the money or not I agree they should let him go now as they have had plenty of time to look at what to do in the event an offer that matches their valuation comes in.

Surprised that he wouldn't have a release clause in his latest contract , if not looks like his agent at the time slipped.

Has he a new agent since he signed his last contract with agent?

I have thought all along that we would wait to make a final offer of £65 - £70 million. We had to go up with caution I guess as we were simply never going to go higher than that. And talk of £90 million meant we had to edge towards our ceiling.

Its up to Leicester now. That is a fair sum in the circumstances I think. And time is running out. So in an hour or two we surely have to decide one way or the other.

The answer though can’t be to play kids to replace our injury list at a time when we are seriously looking at an unprecedented quadruple. We are very close to 2 out of 4 and looking ok in the other 2. Fine, the odd 10/20 mins when the game is won but not as replacement ’best team’ players. They wouldn’t cope an£ it would harm them. It wouldn’t help our chances of trophies either. The only thing that can stop us being serial title winners this year is injuries. The chance to bring in quality like Laporte and Mahrez to strengthen the squad should be jumped on - it will b3 the difference between a good season and a historic one.
All fine in theory but what if we get an injury next game and the one after ? The ability to splash out 50/70m on an instant replacement is now gone, the kids good enough then ?
Like i said you can't really have a squad of 25 world class players due to the fact that they will all want to play more games than we could give them at some point.
I would rather have a couple of quality kids get some game time, I am sure a team as strong as ours can cope with the addition of one youth player and in that scenario it is better for the kid than that half youth and half stiffs effort we have tried in the league cup games sometimes in the past.

We have a chance, a bigger chance than last night.

Kia and Kamel were waiting to speak directly to the owners last night, the personal touch is now seemingly done.

If we do come up another £10m he's ours.

Leicester will deal at £70m

If that's right we would be daft not to pay it.

We have a chance, a bigger chance than last night.

Kia and Kamel were waiting to speak directly to the owners last night, the personal touch is now seemingly done.

If we do come up another £10m he's ours.

Leicester will deal at £70m

Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif

It's a more than fair offer but if Leicester want to keep a demotivated, resentful player, all they need do is stand in his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.