Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slimani off to Newcastle for a medical right now... highly doubt they will let two forwards go.

Big Dave Watson says...
200w.gif

We can insist £55m is our benchmark all day long, but Leicester are equally as entitled to say Lukaku and VVD are their benchmark. Established premier league players, the talisman of their respective teams, moving from one english club to another at fees way higher. Don't want to get too bogged down with Aubameyang's price point but he's a speed merchant who is 2 yrs older than Mahrez and with a questionable disciplinary history. He's certainly got a year or two left in him but he is 29 during the summer. There's no doubt those factors have influenced the price. Dortmund wanted rid, Leicester do not.

I get all that, I fully understand Leicester don't want to sell, but surely they'll be up shit creek with Mahrez if they don't, playing hard ball with the Arsenal of Seria A is one thing, but denying him a move to City & the chance of working with Pep is another. He's decided He's coming. Didn't bother with training, hasn't turned up to travel today. We are hardly low balling them. The whole thing will get very ugly for them.
Wenger and Arsenal tried this, it arguably cost them £30m and left them with a team full of infighting.

For the record, I don't like what Mahrez is doing. But I understand it.

I think he'd be an excellent signing, but will cope without him. I wasn't desperate for him two days ago.
I do think we need attacking cover, Mahrez ticks many if not all boxes.

Slimani off to Newcastle for a medical right now... highly doubt they will let two forwards go.
We've also already let Musa and Ulloa go... that would mean we had lost 4 attacking players.

We had a load to start with, but we'd definitely need someone in should Mahrez go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.