Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need Mahrez
I completely agree! It's not like a load of thugs tried to snap the legs of Sterling, Sane or KDB during the course of the season. In fact nobody bothers challenging our players at all given the level of protection they get from referees. I feel so strongly about this mistake, I will be buying the new version of Championship Manager and selling him back to Leicester at the lowest possible price and expunge this terrible wrong. Maybe, if we screw our eyes shut and hum loudly so we can't hear anything, we can pretend this whole sorry episode isn't happening. I'd send my season ticket back but it hasn't arrived yet. This is an absolute disgrace!

Raz probably is closer to 150 unless that transfer bubble pops. What’s that site that does valuations on assets and clubs value and such? I think they already had him around 100 and he’s still got a World Cup to showcase himself and 3 more years of pep.

Edit: here ya go.

Not far behind in terms of an increase in value are Leroy Sane, who has an estimated worth of £132million on the market, and Raheem Sterling, who would cost you £121million.

Funny thing is here,I played devils advocate,although many know my frustrations with Sterling,about players who could be benched,and all the Sterling or should I say Raz lovers all jumped in,probably knowing he will be earmarked as I mentioned in a later post.

And they don't like it,and I won't like it if it happens to Sane,but I'll stick to my original point that caused this debate,Mahrez ain't coming to get splinters in his arse neither,that is all I was trying to say,but as per,plenty get giddy,so I bite,and always will

Sterling keeps improving and has had a cracking season but I think we get a bit carried away because of how the media are with him. In reality he should have scored about 30 goals this season and fluffed his lines a number of times. He has a lot to imrprove on further. He is here to do that and will do it with us but we also need another forward to create more choice across the front three and we can upgrade on Sterling, he’s very good but he’s not elite class yet.

We play in four competitions and we need more players who are in their prime years (we really lack that) and there’s not much point going for an average player to play now and again, we should be looking to improve on anyone we have. That’s the mistake we’ve made in every transfer window after winning the league in the past; “Nasri/Zaba had a great season last season, why would we go for someone better than him, that’s crazy talk” Well it’s not crazy it’s called, progressing!

I think our chase of Sanchez was because he could play across the front three. What Mahrez is like in other positions is a mystery.

But as it developed Bernardo Silva ended up having a brilliant season on the right. I would be more inclined to possibly get someone to rotate with Sané or who could play in a number of positions across the front or just behind (especially given Silva’s age!) who is in their prime years (we lack players of that 26-29 age group!). There’s a French lad called Antoine who is different fucking class and fits that bill PERFECTLY!..

Getting him (or someone at his level) at 27 years old while Raz, Sané and Jesus improve up to elite level in the years leading up to their prime years is a complete no-brainer for me. We’d be fucking stupid not to do it!

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't need Mahrez
Did Bayern not need Coman, Ribery, Robben and Muller? They even had Douglas as well before last season...

What about us when we had Kun, Tevez, Džeko and Balotelli... did we not need all four?

Bale has sat in the bench a lot at Madrid this season but look at what he did on Saturday. You can’t say they’ve not needed him.

You can NEVER have enough quality players.

Did Bayern not need Coman, Ribery, Robben and Muller? They even had Douglas as well before last season...

What about us when we had Kun, Tevez, Džeko and Balotelli... did we not need all four?

Bale has sat in the bench a lot at Madrid this season but look at what he did on Saturday. You can’t say they’ve not needed him.

You can NEVER have enough quality players.

Correctamundo.

Mahrez and Jorginho keep us driving forward.

last time we won the title we sat on our trophy just smiling all Summer and meanwhile our rivals were preparing. Next season we'll come back with Mendy, and hopefully Jorginho and Mahrez in the squad, and it will be very very difficult for anybody to beat City.

What more do you really want? We aren't going to rebuild after winning a title, that would be stupid. We just need to fill holes and strengthen where we can. Toure has gone, and last season we were looking at wide forwards in the Summer and January transfer window

Funny thing is here,I played devils advocate,although many know my frustrations with Sterling,about players who could be benched,and all the Sterling or should I say Raz lovers all jumped in,probably knowing he will be earmarked as I mentioned in a later post.

And they don't like it,and I won't like it if it happens to Sane,but I'll stick to my original point that caused this debate,Mahrez ain't coming to get splinters in his arse neither,that is all I was trying to say,but as per,plenty get giddy,so I bite,and always will

Karen said you don’t back down. I like that. We need posters like you to take a stance, say your piece, and defend it even if it isn’t popular and even if you get a lot of ppl on you at once. I’d like to think I’m in the same vein.

I’ve not even followed the thread because it’s obvious he’s coming, obvious it’s it’s going to be in the 65m range, and there isn’t a lot to really discuss or talk about. My only reason for @ing you was because Raz really is valued close to 150m as wild as that sounds.

Like I said in the first paragraph, you do you and I respect your style. Have a good day pal.

If people want quantity, maybe we should add the likes of Sinclair, Fernando, Sagna, Maicon, Rodwell and Bony.

Mahrez and Jorginho make us an even better squad than last year, and as Pep has no "starting 11" per se, I think both players will be great for us.

Still hoping a star name a la Hazard/Mbappé could join, although unlikely.

Haha. Sorry (and to you Eli!) But don’t think I’ve been this excited about a player since Ali. X (a big one for you cus, I guess, you’re a Blue! ;0) )
LOL. I'm sure he'll realise all our expectations, and your excitement will be fully justified.

If people want quantity, maybe we should add the likes of Sinclair, Fernando, Sagna, Maicon, Rodwell and Bony.

Mahrez and Jorginho make us an even better squad than last year, and as Pep has no "starting 11" per se, I think both players will be great for us.

Still hoping a star name a la Hazard/Mbappé could join, although unlikely.
I think we are getting to the point where we need a centre forward. Perhaps we can keep Aguero ticking over for another 12 months. He might even get a new lease of life after this knee op.

I think a few underestimate how good Mahrez is. Leicester's title win was extraordinary. There are few players whose presence can have that effect on what really was not that great a squad. Look for example at Salah. Adds 32 league goals. Liverpool go back a point

hazard is a wonderful player....so is Mahrez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.