Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s worth £100m then why aren’t you paying him a wage that matches his value?
This is always interesting when a selling club’s fan tries to claim an excessive fee that doesn’t match length of contract or current wages. To reach £100M he would probably need to have 4-5 years left on his contract on significantly increased wages but good luck getting him to re-sign before a transfer given how they are with agreements in regards to him. Our offer is more than far but based on the excessive transfer fee logic if Leiciester want Roberts, they can pay £30M for him since they are signing players at Championship level at that price.

Hi again, Leicester fans take on it.

As I posted previously in today’s inflated market he is worth close to £100m, have a look around for another player who has achieved what he has and is for sale at £75m inclusive of £15m Roberts?

We owe him nothing. He is paid £100k pw which by anyone’s standards is hardly Jim Royle, the argument that we are making a huge profit as we only paid £0.4m doesn’t hold water - he will go for what another club is willing to pay or he stays. If he stays we are going to need a new room built to house all his toys when he throws them out of the pram.

We don’t need the money and don’t want to sell so it’s not a case of us taking the piss out of Man City because you are rich.

Money has almost become irrelevant to most prem clubs - we have already spent £50m and there’s talk of two more deals still in the pipeline at another £50m.

If Liverpool enter the fray then it is more likely our valuation would be met.

His agent is a bit of a knob as well, which doesn’t help, I’m sure.

I can see this saga rumbling on unfortunately.

I agree with the assessment and the requirements for a room for his toys but the price is all dependent on who comes in for him and what else you can get for that money. I agree there are not many players with his record around but there doesn't seem to be many clubs in for him and the likes of Arsenal / Liverpool will be offering less than us, £50m tops. If the Rags come in then he probably could be a £100m player. You have to factor those offers against how long he has left on his contract and whatever has been said to him to keep him at Leicester this long. He is worth £nil if he goes on strike and sits out his contract in grump. Somewhere in all the above is a deal that suits all parties.

This player is a sulky individual. We don’t need this sort of player. Big fish in a small pond. He could do well but could equally disappear at City. Not better that what we have and no where near his LCFC valuation. Must be younger and better out there without the Yaya type baggage..

If Liverpool enter the fray then it is more likely our valuation would be met

No, it doesn't matter how many people enter the mix, they aren't going to pay 100m for Mahrez and nor will we.

Mahrez is a great player for £60m. He's a good player for £75m. Once you get past that, he's not worth it.

You don't seem to understand how age effects his value either. The transfer record for a player over 25 is £75m for Luis Suarez and Mahrez aint Suarez coming off a 31 goal season.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't matter how many people enter the mix, they aren't going to pay 100m for Mahrez and nor will we.

Liverpool have been showing intent in this window and I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to usurp us with a ridiculous offer, especially after the Fekir set back.

I imagine Mahrez is so desperate to leave Leicester that he doesn’t mind where he goes as long as it’s a bigger club. I fully expect him to go to whoever bids the most.

That being said I think he’ll be our player in a week or two.

Liverpool have been showing intent in this window and I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to usurp us with a ridiculous offer, especially after the Fekir set back.

I imagine Mahrez is so desperate to leave Leicester that he doesn’t mind where he goes as long as it’s a bigger club. I fully expect him to go to whoever bids the most.

That being said I think he’ll be our player in a week or two.

They won't spend 100m on a 27 year old player not worth that. They'll just go elsewhere, like we will if that's the asking price.

Bear in mind they could buy Fekir and an alternative if they're worried about his knee for less than 100m.

They won't spend 100m on a player not worth that. They'll just go elsewhere, like we will if that's the asking price.

I agree in that regard, but we both know it won’t be as much as that anyway.

Leicester surely wouldn’t risk him going AWOL again by pricing him out of a move. So if we’re standing firm with our offer and Liverpool come in with a bit higher then it wouldn’t be absurd to think he’d end up there.

But I don’t think there’s anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.