Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just been told that City are still very much interested in him, but won’t blink first.

Expect this to drag on well into the window!

I’ve just been told that City are still very much interested in him, but won’t blink first.

An exciteable Jeff Stelling and reporters outside the Etihad on deadline day it is then. Probably £75m-ish after all, but without the time to pre-season train him.

An exciteable Jeff Stelling and reporters outside the Etihad on deadline day it is then. Probably £75m-ish after all, but without the time to pre-season train him.

I think you are confusing Stelling with Jim Shouty man White,Stelling is on Saturday afternoon between 12-5 and the odd midweek slot,no involvement on transfer deadline day,thank fuck

I think the World Cup is playing a bigger part in the slow transfer window than a lot would expect. Take Leicester, they have a number of players, for Nigeria, England, Japan, Denmark....any of them get seriously injured then they would have to have a contingency plan. I think now that teams are being eliminated, there could well be some serious movement next week on transfers that have been 'on hold'. Well that's my theory anyway

Very much like the Sanchez situation, people have jumped the gun by saying this one was done.

We can afford to take this stance, Leicester can't really, unless another club is as seriously interested as us and willing to offer more (unlikely). Mahrez will need to go and anyone who thinks keeping him is a genuine option for them is living in dream land. He's wanted out for 2 seasons. We've seen time and time again what keeping an unhappy eventually does - their performance drops, as well as their value and then the club are forced to sell at a cut price figure. They need to just get rid of him while his stock is still high with 2 years left on his contract. They will blink eventually, we're just hedging our bets that Liverpool or United won't swoop in last minute and turn his head and offer more than us, which has stung us before (see Sanchez).

That said, I will be really disappointed if we miss out on him, but when with the records we broke and number of goals we score with a very young bunch of forwards that, hypothetically, should be even better this season, we shouldn't be signing a player if the price isn't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.