Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering his friendship with Yaya , surely the comments made by Yayas wont affect change Riyads mind? (long shot, but hey..)

Maghreb is the "arabic north africa", which is different from what you might call "black africa" (no racism intended). If mahrez was a US citizen he wouldn't be called an afro-american. When yaya speaks of africans, he seems to mean black africans.
He's racist then.

Well not French. In the 1970s there was a movement led by General Nasser who created an Arab Republic. He wanted the whole of the Arab world to join a unified Arab state centred on what is now Egypt. Pan-Arabism has declined now, but it certainly was a significant political force a while ago comparable to Pan-Africanism if you like.

I don't know now what most Algerians feel, but it's certainly not as black and white as you are making out. Where did the Arab Spring start?

Yaya most certainly is talking about Sub Saharan or Black Africans. I highly doubt he thinks of the Berbers or Maghrebs as being one of his own. I use that example as the Moorish conquest of Southern Spain and Portugal left behind around 4-10% North African DNA which can be seen ever so slightly in the features of southern spaniards. Pedro and Bartra are two players who spring to mind instantly and both played under Pep. I don't think Yaya would class them as being part African in his sense of the term African.

Algeria play their final friendly on Thursday night so I would expect this will happen pretty quickly after that.

We need to sign Mahrez asap!’ simply because the longer it takes the likes of Chelsea arsenal Liverpool and united will probably come in for him. He’s a guy I don’t think we could ever trust IMO great player but definitely not a man of his word and would probably jump ship if a better offer was put on the table, Why is it taking so long? because of this I’m not getting carried away until he’s signed on that dotted line.

What's your issue? If he jumps ship, so what

Maghreb is the "arabic north africa", which is different from what you might call "black africa" (no racism intended). If mahrez was a US citizen he wouldn't be called an afro-american. When yaya speaks of africans, he seems to mean black africans.
No he means all Africans!! Mahrez is African simple as that nothing else wether he likes It or not!

What's your issue? If he jumps ship, so what
My issue we need to sign him up before some of fucker does.. again wasn’t sure about him at 1st but he will help the squad a hell of a lot as we can rotate a lot more all across the midfield/forwards area which will keep everyone fresher than they were last year get it wrapped up ASAP city please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.