Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prob my fav city player to watch since Dave left. Think we will really struggle to replace him. He has scored and assisted so many goals for us, his ball retention is elite and his first touch was just a joy to watch.

To the posters who slag him off for not celebrating wildly after the champs league and fa cup wins. I can’t blame him tbh. He would have been devastated to not play in those games (especially after his hat trick). I personally don’t understand how players can celebrate wildly when they have played very little part but each to their own.
In fairness, the likes of Phillips - who played no more than a bit part last season - celebrated our successes as though a first team regular. Undoubtedly world class when in the mood, for me, it helps to explain why the fans have never taken Mahrez into their hearts like a Silva, Kompany or Aguero. In his defence though, he's never taken his complaints public and will leave with our thanks and best wishes.

In fairness, the likes of Phillips - who played no more than a bit part last season - celebrated our successes as though a first team regular. Undoubtedly world class when in the mood, for me, it helps to explain why the fans have never taken Mahrez into their hearts like a Silva, Kompany or Aguero. In his defence though, he's never taken his complaints public and will leave with our thanks and best wishes.
You may not be one of them but most fans love him.

If the club can get nearly £50m for Mahrez and Walker, then fair play. Hard to argue with and I'd say thanks to both and wish them well.

As with Walker, he still has something to offer. It makes good business sense to allow players to leave when they're only slightly past their best otherwise they wouldn't command any fee at all. We are covered in his position as long as Bernie stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.