Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it's a bit silly or biased to draw up his goals and assists for last season while failing to do the same for other players who made just as much (if not less) contribution as Mahrez last season. He had a shitty season but I wouldn't necessarily judge him by that. At his age and with the cash coming in for him,I'm 100% in support of a sale but that's not because of him being a bad player.

As fans we expect players to leave gracefully but some fans here really don't hold themselves up to the same standards that they expect from these footballers. It's a bit of a nasty habit I've noticed with some on bluemoon. The very moment a player decides to leave or in certain cases the moment a player has some kind of contract issues then they start subtly tearing that player down.

I've seen this with Yaya, Sterling, Zinchenko, Jesus and more recently in the Walker thread, I've even seen a few posts on the Bernardo thread saying we need to get rid as the uncertainty surrounding his availability has always been a downer for the team. I wasn't going to talk about it but I think it's gradually becoming a thing here and perhaps there's no better time to call it out than now

I think one thing we can all agree on is that if Riyad does leave, it certainly won’t be for £13m.
Despite his age he is worth much more than that, not only as a footballer but also because he is a huge superstar in that part of the world and the commercial opportunities that presents.
That is recognised in the size of contract he is being offered.
So they have to come correct with a serious offer for a player with two years left on his City contract.

He's a fantastic talent. He already looks good enough for the first team squad. Amazing technical ability and he looks like a hybrid of Merlin, Bernie, Mahrez and Sane. Superb balance and eye for a pass. I know its against young players in the video but still...

Unbelievable talent. The best kid we've had since Foden for me. The ball is stuck to his boot lace like Odegaard.

Not got as much hype as the others, but for me (especially this last 12 months with his vast Improvement) it's like watching a kid on the PlayStation. He abused United, Arsenal and Chelsea youth sides this season. I remember laughing watching him during the Arsenal and United games last season at how he badly he toyed with them.

Better player than Mebude, Palmer, McAtee and Borges for me this lad. Has to be shown a pathway into the first team.

Last edited:
Fuck it, im one who will be sad to see him go.
All the best Riyad, thanks for everything
Despite what a couple on here have probably already made their mind up about me, I'll be sorry to see him go. Would he be in our strongest XI, if everyone was fit. No; of course he wouldn't. But he'd be a great option to bring on from the bench in the last 20 minutes or so of a game where the opposition are being difficult to break down. But, no more than Walker, I'm not sure that would be enough for Mahrez. Plus, if you're offered a crazy sum of money to go and play in a nicer climate (if a bit hot) than sunny Manchester, why wouldn't you take it? I wouldn't blame him in the slightest. If he does go (as is seeming more and more of a possibility), I wish him well in the next step of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.