Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started supporting City in 1971, and I have never had more faith in the club with Pep at the helm. Like someone said before, the infighting and doubting can only be on here, so soon after we have won a bloody treble.
There’s no infighting between proper blues. Just blues and “fans” that follow players rather than the team. They all fuck off soon enough though so it’s no drama.

Isn't that the point though. There's an argument IF he isn't replaced that they think their task is done/complete.

Yes we won the treble, but the best time to strengthen is when you're at the top.

I'm always amazed at how panicked some of our fanbase get during transfer windows. Just because we're not spunking cash on big names (yet) doesn't mean it's a shit window.

We won the treble because we have the best manager in the world mixed with absolute winners. The rocks to that treble-winning side are still here - aside from Gundogan - and none will really leave. While I absolutely love Mahrez and would prefer to keep him, he's not a vital reason we got over the line in the league or CL. Players like Ederson, KDB, Dias, Stones, Ake, Akanji, Rodri, Haaland, Grealish are and they're all staying firmly put.

I see Mahrez going as an opportunity for more minutes for Foden out there (his best position IMO) and the chance to promote a youngster. Let's face it, Foden needs to be starting every week and his directness, trickery, pace, passing and finishing makes that RW spot his if he wants it.

Isn't that the point though. There's an argument IF he isn't replaced that they think their task is done/complete.

Yes we won the treble, but the best time to strengthen is when you're at the top.
Have that argument when the window shuts then.

I'm always amazed at how panicked some of our fanbase get during transfer windows. Just because we're not spunking cash on big names (yet) doesn't mean it's a shit window.

We won the treble because we have the best manager in the world mixed with absolute winners. The rocks to that treble-winning side are still here - aside from Gundogan - and none will really leave. While I absolutely love Mahrez and would prefer to keep him, he's not a vital reason we got over the line in the league or CL. Players like Ederson, KDB, Dias, Stones, Ake, Akanji, Rodri, Haaland, Grealish are and they're all staying firmly put.

I see Mahrez going as an opportunity for more minutes for Foden out there (his best position IMO) and the chance to promote a youngster. Let's face it, Foden needs to be starting every week and his directness, trickery, pace, passing and finishing makes that RW spot his if he wants it.
Maybe they would be different, if they had lived through the purchases of Lee Bradbury, Gerry Creeney and Laurent Charvet.

Let's tone it down a bit shall we? Mahrez wasn't at the Aguero, Yaya,Silva or Kdb level but he wasn't as bad as some of the posters here make him seem. It's OK to not be a fan but there's really no need to discredit the man.
There's been very little of that, that I've seen. There are some odd posters though who started to wave the racism card about to people who weren't great fans not to mention the ones who think everyone is ganging up on them for not agreeing with every one of their many, many posts and playing the victims card as well.

Let's tone it down a bit shall we? Mahrez wasn't at the Aguero, Yaya,Silva or Kdb level but he wasn't as bad as some of the posters here make him seem. It's OK to not be a fan but there's really no need to discredit the man.
Mahrez is an incredible player. He would not have survived as a member of the squad without being for the time he has been here. Think he is capable of playing for a good few years yet and we are not desperate for the money but if wants to go then fair enough. £25m a year tax free is an incredible offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.