Robbie Fowler's missed penalty vs Middlesbrough - did it save us from relegation?

I love these comments about Anelka.
He'd be worshipped on here if he ran around like a blue-arsed fly rather than being a top class footballer.
loved Anelka , the fact he scored more goals in PL for City than supposedly legends Rosler & Quinn speaks volumes, was City's all time PL goalscorer until Tevez overtook him and he only stayed with us for 2 and a half years and 24 goals in 03/04 season tells you the quality he had.

That shows his quality, but City couldn't get the best out of him.
One of my cousins said he was supposed to be the icing on the cake, but unfortunately we didn't have a cake to ice.
As for Fowler: He scored a goal against the rags to seal three points. Does anybody really give a shit about his five fingered salute to the deranged Muppets? - I admit I enjoyed Hinchcliffe's five salute more but beating the rags was often the highlight of our season in those days.
How does it show his quality when four huge clubs let him go or don’t sign him permanently? He also missed the penalty that handed the Champions League to Trafford when at Chelsea.

Fowler never regained his form after an injury at Liverpool. On his day he was a striker of a generation. I think he’s the better man too.

How does it show his quality when four huge clubs let him go or don’t sign him permanently? He also missed the penalty that handed the Champions League to Trafford when at Chelsea.

Fowler never regained his form after an injury at Liverpool. On his day he was a striker of a generation. I think he’s the better man too.
It shows his quality as those clubs wanted him in the first place.

That's not quite how it was, whatever your opinion of him.

He did great at Arsenal, they would have kept him but he got a dream move to Real Madrid.

He was a kid at Real Madrid and didn't manage to displace either of the Raul/Morientes partnership that was pretty well thought of at the time, so moved to PSG.

The French league was very much a poor relation at the time though, so it's not surprising he wanted to move back into a big league. Liverpool was a good opportunity, but he was up against the Owen/Heskey partnership and often played wide right.

I know Liverpool fans who really wanted them to make the move permanent but it didnt happen. So we signed him.

I think he was promised everything by Keegan, other big names etc. First season the signings weren't bad, but then clearly our money ran out...

The things about Fowler is that he was basically done at 25. He should have retired, he knew he wasn't capable of top level football after that. It wasn't just form that went, he just wasnt physically capable of what was needed any more.

Anyway a lot of that is opinions)taste etc, each to their own. Not sure why you think he's the 'better man'? He might be, but I haven't seen anything in his favour, though I don't pay too much attention to him and may have missed a lot.

Robbie Fowler’s career didn’t end with allegations of antisemitism.

Didn't know about that.

Allegations eh, we all know they must be true then...

Could well be though tbf, wouldn't make me want to hang around with him by any means, fair enough.

I was actually expecting you to say something positive about Fowler, but it seems he's not so much the better man, just that he's not the worse one!

Robbie Fowler’s career didn’t end with allegations of antisemitism.

Anelka wasn't found to be
antisemitic, but it's a very unclear action of his and certainly open to interpretation.

1000006314.jpg

Let's not forgot though that nowadays Fowler would have been in deep shit for his taunting of Graeme Le Saux while at Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.