Robbie Misguided

mikeylad222

"We need four top-quality forwards because the season is so tough in England. I hope the club keep signing players with that quality. If so, we will be almost unbeatable." - <a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/section?id=england&&cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/section?id ... d&&cc=5739</a>

I'm all for optimism but I don't think Robbie understands that buying top players is one thing, getting them to gel quite another. If these quotes are true (I also read this in the Sun lol) then I feel Robbie doesn't understand the true complexity of how difficult it is to break the mold of the top 4, nevermind compete with them just yet.

Thoughts??

CTID.

i think he's a footballer showing enthusiasm about his club and wanting to do better this year. Don't look so deeply in to everything you read, especially in the Sun.

squirtyflower said:
i think he's a footballer showing enthusiasm about his club and wanting to do better this year. Don't look so deeply in to everything you read, especially in the Sun.

Well said

Robbie said:
I hope the club keep signing players with that quality. If so, we will be almost unbeatable."
in the last part of the quote he does not mention forwards, just "players with that quality" If we sign players of the strength and experience of Tevez and Barry for all positions then we really will be a strong team on paper, just need Mr Hughes to make sure it all knits together on the pitch

mikeylad222 said:
"We need four top-quality forwards because the season is so tough in England. I hope the club keep signing players with that quality. If so, we will be almost unbeatable." - <a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/section?id=england&&cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/section?id ... d&&cc=5739</a>

I'm all for optimism but I don't think Robbie understands that buying top players is one thing, getting them to gel quite another. If these quotes are true (I also read this in the Sun lol) then I feel Robbie doesn't understand the true complexity of how difficult it is to break the mold of the top 4, nevermind compete with them just yet.

Thoughts??

CTID.

Remember that winning mentality he went on about ?, we need that.

Although this has been posted several times i've never seen him called "misguided"for his view that we need top quality players before.
We will be fighting on 3 fronts this coming season & you need options for the cup comps & you need quality players to come in for rested/injured players,he's right.

bluefandk said:
Misguided?

I would call it spot on or showing winning mentality.

I think your looking beyond with your blue tinted spectacles on mate. I love hearing quotes like this from our players and like some of you rightly pointed out thats the winning mentality that we need amongst our players. I say misguided in the term of Robbie not fully understanding how difficult it is for teams to gel, the new seasons not even kicked off yet so no one knows how things will pan out but to say we will be almost unbeatable in a way off the mark for me.

mikeylad222 said:
bluefandk said:
Misguided?

I would call it spot on or showing winning mentality.

I think your looking beyond with your blue tinted spectacles on mate. I love hearing quotes like this from our players and like some of you rightly pointed out thats the winning mentality that we need amongst our players. I say misguided in the term of Robbie not fully understanding how difficult it is for teams to gel, the new seasons not even kicked off yet so no one knows how things will pan out but to say we will be almost unbeatable in a way off the mark for me.

What do you want him to say ????????

"Fuck me City are signing some good players but we are still shit and gonna struggle to gel intime for the new season, Hey Ralphy, Ralphy where are we going over Xmas this season? I think the Welsh fucker wont notice we are gone, we do fuck all in that bloody cold anyways lol."

I dont think that will go down well, do you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.