Robbie Misguided

mikeylad222 said:
bluefandk said:
Misguided?

I would call it spot on or showing winning mentality.

I think your looking beyond with your blue tinted spectacles on mate. I love hearing quotes like this from our players and like some of you rightly pointed out thats the winning mentality that we need amongst our players. I say misguided in the term of Robbie not fully understanding how difficult it is for teams to gel, the new seasons not even kicked off yet so no one knows how things will pan out but to say we will be almost unbeatable in a way off the mark for me.

Mate you need to have that confidence or you're never going to get anywhere. Look at all the derbies we've won in the recent past that we shouldn't have won because we had a massively inferior team. We won those derbies through grit and determination that we could have the bastards off. We need to have that self belief because when our team has it we're 10x better of for it.

mikeylad222 said:
bluefandk said:
Misguided?

I think your looking beyond with your blue tinted spectacles on mate. I love hearing quotes like this from our players and like some of you rightly pointed out thats the winning mentality that we need amongst our players. I say misguided in the term of Robbie not fully understanding how difficult it is for teams to gel, the new seasons not even kicked off yet so no one knows how things will pan out but to say we will be almost unbeatable in a way off the mark for me.

If you want to win you need to walk onto the pitch every week believing you can win, simples really.

If you want to win you need to walk onto the pitch every week believing you can win, simples really.[/quote]
it also helps when the opponents feel they are beaten before the match starts, Confidence is a product of results ,not just attitude,but having quality players around is priceless.You cant read too much into robbies quotes,by the time the interpreter puts his spin on and the media have their turn it may or may not be what he said

He needs to think about what he's saying whatever language he's using since he's not going to win any friends with comments like that. Hopefully he means strikers when he says forwards (a winger used to be considered a "forward"), and even so, with him, RSC, Tevez, and Eto, it's a bit insulting to players like Bellamy (regardless of his injury situation), to imply they don't have class. At least half of the strikers we have are going to be gone soon regardless, but those that stick around likely won't be very flattered (even if we and they know they're not world-class).

So he has a positive attitude and he thinks the club is ambitous enough to succeed. WTF is wrong with that, then?

i read that article and thought brilliant. IMO you can sence his enthusiasm not only for the game but for where City are going.

We do need 4 TOP QUALITY forwards - ive highlighted top quality because some of our assembled strike force do not quite hit that catagory.

And as he plays for Brazil, and has played for Santos and Madrid, being very successful at each, im guessing he might have an little bit of an insight as to what it takes to gel and be a winning team. He des clearly make reference to the length of the EPL and how tough it is. He is under no dillusions.

MJ said:
He needs to think about what he's saying whatever language he's using since he's not going to win any friends with comments like that. Hopefully he means strikers when he says forwards (a winger used to be considered a "forward"), and even so, with him, RSC, Tevez, and Eto, it's a bit insulting to players like Bellamy (regardless of his injury situation), to imply they don't have class. At least half of the strikers we have are going to be gone soon regardless, but those that stick around likely won't be very flattered (even if we and they know they're not world-class).
He has thought about what he's said though,our players have done many interviews saying it's great that we are going for world class players.
He has also said he is willing to fight for his place if need be,only a poor player with a weak mental attitude will take a negative out of good players coming in.

mikeylad222 said:
bluefandk said:
Misguided?

Yeah you're probably right, i mean what does he know about football, hes only a Brazilian international, easily misguided.

pearcey71 said:
mikeylad222 said:
Yeah you're probably right, i mean what does he know about football, hes only a Brazilian international, easily misguided.

Mate you can have all the enthusiasm in the world Robbie clearly has it and thats fine by me. Im not taking a stab at him or the players for showing/lacking ambition, I think its great he comes out with a comment like 'We will be almost unbeatable' it instills enthusiasm amongst the rest of the players but the FACTS and premiership history speak for themselves, thats all. Being a 'Brazilian' international has nothing to do with anything, your going way off point there.

Well you're saying hes misunderstanding something about football. He plays for the best team in the world (as well as Brazil), what exactly are your football credentials, perhaps you can give him some guidance, he obviously needs it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.