Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

Mancini's unbeaten Russian league record continues. His team beat Ufa 3-0 tonight with the roof closed at St Petersburg Stadium following heavy rain all day. I only saw the first 20 minutes after work in a pub and hoped to watch the second half when I got home, but the missus had other ideas. In the part I did witness, they played some great stuff and scored a lovely goal; as far as I've seen this season, they're looking pretty good.

More positive news for them was that Lokomotiv Moscow lost 1-0 at home to Amkar Perm, who were bottom going into the game (but third from bottom after it). So the Muscovites are now four points off the pace, and the result drops them into third place. In second, three points off Zenit, are FK Krasnodar, who are from the south of Russia (about sixty miles inland from the Black Sea port/resort of Novorossiisk).

The other news about our Roberto is that he seems to have been at the Grecian 2000. The last picture tweet I embedded actually hints at it, and again tonight, when the camera panned in on him, there seemed to be a distinct lack of grey. On the other hand, that certainly wasn't the case in the picture he tweeted on 25 August. Or maybe the ongoing success at the start of this campaign has just rejuvenated him. Who knows? ;)

Next up - a derby in the only domestic cup competition against St Petersburg's 'second' team, perennial lower leaguers Dinamo, on Thursday evening. It's technically an away fixture but it will feel like a home game at Zenit's old Petrovsky Stadium. The teams played another cup tie 3 or 4 years ago and a second-string Zenit side won 3-1; it's hard not to imagine something similar this time.

Then it's a top-two league clash away to Krasnodar on Sunday evening at 7 p.m. You suspect Zenit would be happy with a point, but win and they'll be starting to look like champions in waiting even at this early stage.

Cheers for the update. Sure the Russian league isn't one of the top leagues but Zenit haven't won it since the 14-15 season so glad for Mancini that he seems to be doing well.

W
Mancini's unbeaten Russian league record continues. His team beat Ufa 3-0 tonight with the roof closed at St Petersburg Stadium following heavy rain all day. I only saw the first 20 minutes after work in a pub and hoped to watch the second half when I got home, but the missus had other ideas. In the part I did witness, they played some great stuff and scored a lovely goal; as far as I've seen this season, they're looking pretty good.

More positive news for them was that Lokomotiv Moscow lost 1-0 at home to Amkar Perm, who were bottom going into the game (but third from bottom after it). So the Muscovites are now four points off the pace, and the result drops them into third place. In second, three points off Zenit, are FK Krasnodar, who are from the south of Russia (about sixty miles inland from the Black Sea port/resort of Novorossiisk).

The other news about our Roberto is that he seems to have been at the Grecian 2000. The last picture tweet I embedded actually hints at it, and again tonight, when the camera panned in on him, there seemed to be a distinct lack of grey. On the other hand, that certainly wasn't the case in the picture he tweeted on 25 August. Or maybe the ongoing success at the start of this campaign has just rejuvenated him. Who knows? ;)

Next up - a derby in the only domestic cup competition against St Petersburg's 'second' team, perennial lower leaguers Dinamo, on Thursday evening. It's technically an away fixture but it will feel like a home game at Zenit's old Petrovsky Stadium. The teams played another cup tie 3 or 4 years ago and a second-string Zenit side won 3-1; it's hard not to imagine something similar this time.

Then it's a top-two league clash away to Krasnodar on Sunday evening at 7 p.m. You suspect Zenit would be happy with a point, but win and they'll be starting to look like champions in waiting even at this early stage.
What channel is that on?

Grecian 2000! Not heard that for years, is it still a thing? :)

Thanks for all these updates; enjoying reading about how RM is doing is Russia.

What channel is that on?

Unfortunately, it's not on TV in the UK this year. BT showed it for the last 2 or 3 years but the viewing figures went down after some of the high-profile foreigners in the league (the likes of Hulk and Witsel) left so they decided not to bother this time. Maybe if Mancini continues to rip it up, they'll decide to show it again next year.

In Russia, there's a free-to-air sports channel called Match TV that you can also watch online at matchtv.ru. Mpost Zenit games are shown on there. I imagine they block transmissions outside the motherland, but I suppose you never know so it might be worth a try.

Cheers for the update. Sure the Russian league isn't one of the top leagues but Zenit haven't won it since the 14-15 season so glad for Mancini that he seems to be doing well.

Thanks for the updates, @petrusha.

It's great to hear how Bobby is doing.

Grecian 2000! Not heard that for years, is it still a thing? :)

Thanks for all these updates; enjoying reading about how RM is doing is Russia.

Cheers, all. Mancini has a place in our history as the guy who tore that banner down, so I know people are going to be interested in his progress. I'm glad to have this opportunity to watch him again at close quarters and am happy to report back to people who are curious about how he's doing.

PS - I chekced and Grecian 2000 is, after all, still a thing: http://www.boots.com/grecian-2000-mens-hair-colour-lotion-10007433

Shouldn't the 'other ' team in St Petersburg be Nadir St Petersburg?

Unfortunately, it's not on TV in the UK this year. BT showed it for the last 2 or 3 years but the viewing figures went down after some of the high-profile foreigners in the league (the likes of Hulk and Witsel) left so they decided not to bother this time. Maybe if Mancini continues to rip it up, they'll decide to show it again next year.

In Russia, there's a free-to-air sports channel called Match TV that you can also watch online at matchtv.ru. Mpost Zenit games are shown on there. I imagine they block transmissions outside the motherland, but I suppose you never know so it might be worth a try.

Cheers, all. Mancini has a place in our history as the guy who tore that banner down, so I know people are going to be interested in his progress. I'm glad to have this opportunity to watch him again at close quarters and am happy to report back to people who are curious about how he's doing.

PS - I chekced and Grecian 2000 is, after all, still a thing: http://www.boots.com/grecian-2000-mens-hair-colour-lotion-10007433

If you have a football bet online on zenit with sky bet and the like,you can often watch the matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.