robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support Arsenal.

I rate Aguero very highly, but it's not a shock statement to say RVP and Rooney are ahead of him RIGHT NOW. Aguero is a few years younger than both so scope for improvement in his overall game where I can see some weaknesses.

Obviously the issue for you is:
1) Are you willing to pay money/wages for a guy who is 28 and hitting 29
2) Does RVP want to play for another English side
3) What happens with the 4 strikers you have - is it feasible to have Aguero, Tevez, Van Persie and Balotelli....assuming Dzeko is the weak-link and might be off.

I am 100% convinced he will be your best striker if he does sign.

Obviously that touches a nerve because Aguero just netted a title winning goal for you.

dtc78 said:
Drove past piccolinos in hale an hour ago and saw nige sat
There with a guy who looked like van der vaart and van persie......
My son says he didnt check Piccolino's out so this could be true.
He did the other Restaurants in Hale but missed this one!

jlc09 said:
I support Arsenal.

I rate Aguero very highly, but it's not a shock statement to say RVP and Rooney are ahead of him RIGHT NOW. Aguero is a few years younger than both so scope for improvement in his overall game where I can see some weaknesses.

3) What happens with the 4 strikers you have - is it feasible to have Aguero, Tevez, Van Persie and Balotelli....assuming Dzeko is the weak-link and might be off.

Obviously that touches a nerve because Aguero just netted a title winning goal for you.

if you're saying rvp and rooney have a more all-round game you might be right, but that isn't a weakness in aguero, that just isn't who he is

i know if my life depended on it who i would want the chance to fall to, and it ain't the other two

Aguero is a brilliant finisher in the box, no doubt about it.

35m well spent, sometimes you can get good value for big money - Barcelona did aswell getting Cesc for a similar price but thats because we were bent over a barrel and couldnt force a bidding war.

jlc09 said:
Aguero is a brilliant finisher in the box, no doubt about it.

35m well spent, sometimes you can get good value for big money - Barcelona did aswell getting Cesc for a similar price but thats because we were bent over a barrel and couldnt force a bidding war.

please tell me you're not another arsenal fan obsessed with money? look at the cost of the invincibles team and compare it to the cost of teams they were up against

it's not our fault that the arsenal board deemed it more appropriate to invest in a ground over the team

jlc09 said:
I support Arsenal.

i can only speak for myself, but i would prefer he stayed with you at arsenal.

City Raider said:
please tell me you're not another arsenal fan obsessed with money? look at the cost of the invincibles team and compare it to the cost of teams they were up against

it's not our fault that the arsenal board deemed it more appropriate to invest in a ground over the team

No but basic business practice, we want good money for our assets. Fabregas cost us money by checking out mentally at the end of the season, forcing a move to one club. Nasri on the other hand, City wanted him, we had a price, you paid. We could never do that with Cesc because he refused to go anywhere but Barca and didnt even want to return to pre-season training here.

As for the ground, it was a necessary move for us and we've done enough to stay afloat in that time. Sadly the footballing environment has changed now with rich owners but we'll find a way to get back up there again.

jlc09 said:
City Raider said:

No but basic business practice, we want good money for our assets. Fabregas cost us money by checking out mentally at the end of the season, forcing a move to one club. Nasri on the other hand, City wanted him, we had a price, you paid. We could never do that with Cesc because he refused to go anywhere but Barca and didnt even want to return to pre-season training here.

As for the ground, it was a necessary move for us and we've done enough to stay afloat in that time. Sadly the footballing environment has changed now with rich owners but we'll find a way to get back up there again.

fair enough

from an outsiders point of view it looks like the promises you were made at the time the idea of a new stadium was being sold to you by the club, haven't been kept - mainly that it would not affect investment in the team?

Right lads, I'm in hale now, and just had a quick scan through Piccolino's and Hale Bar and Grill (the two where all the footballers and famous people go) and I can't see him. Think it was just a wind up unless I've missed him or he's just left$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.