robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bilboblue said:
de niro said:
he's a good player but simply not what we need, even without the injuries and age factors its no good wasting money. not sure he's even what utd need either tbh.

Got to disagree there Bill, I think he is exactly what they need.

They relied far too heavily on Wooney last season, if they had another top striker, they may well have won the league.

I think some City fans are in for a shock if RVP teams up with Rooney at United.

Bilboblue said:
de niro said:
he's a good player but simply not what we need, even without the injuries and age factors its no good wasting money. not sure he's even what utd need either tbh.

They relied far too heavily on Wooney last season, if they had another top striker, they may well have won the league.

they are in far worse state in other ares of their squad.

hgblue said:
Bilboblue said:
de niro said:

I think some City fans are in for a shock if RVP teams up with Rooney at United.

If we can get shut of a striker, he will be in at our place faster than you can say whiskey nose! the only reson he hasn't signed for the rags is, he is waiting for someone else,surely?!!!!!

hgblue said:
Bilboblue said:
de niro said:

I think that is a little overstated tbh.

No doubt they would form a formiddable frontline. However there are some glaringly obvious weaknesses elsewhere.

If they sign him I would still take our developing squad over theirs by some distance.

That said, he would no doubt strengthen them significantly.

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.skysports.com/article/football//7974561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.skysports.com/article/football//7974561</a>

Sir Alex Ferguson admits Manchester United have hit a brick wall in their pursuit of Arsenal's Robin van Persie. The United boss revealed on their recent tour of South Africa that a bid had been lodged for the Dutchman, who only has a year left on his Gunners deal. They appear to be leading the race to sign the prolific striker with City boss Roberto Mancini revealing he had given up on chasing him, their only competition seeming to come from Juventus. But Arsene Wenger is yet to sell a player to Ferguson, and the Scot admitted on Wednesday that it has been a tough job trying to work on a deal. "We have made a bid and they've been trying to negotiate with other clubs," said Ferguson. "I don't have a gut feeling on it at the moment, I must admit. We're not getting any breakthrough with Arsenal. "It's difficult to say why they're operating this way. I don't know what their thoughts are because they're not giving anything away. There were reports earlier in the day, erroneous it seems, that van Persie was on his way to Manchester for a medical, but Ferguson added: "I can't give you any more information. "We just have to persevere. We are trying our best and hopefully it will come our way but there's no progress at this moment in time."

For all Wenger's public complaining about our wealth, I imagine their board absolutely love us. We have paid nearly a hundred million pounds into their coffers in cash, for players they bought for comparative peanuts. That is their business model in action. Brian Marwood is reportedly very friendly with Arsene and a lot of other influential people there.

When it comes to United I suspect it's a very different story. For one, I think their supporters will react in genuine horror if they wake up to Van Persie in a United shirt. He was their club captain last season. Selling to Chelsea or City legitimises the transaction to supporters because they can grumble about the money, because we those two clubs its always about the money. Selling to United without Van Persie being forced to throw his toys out of the pram is conceding you're an inferior club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.