robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumanji said:
Let's assume his injuries are past him. Would you take him then?

Still a no from me. Rather get someone younger on lower wages. It's not like we really need him anyway because we haven't had a problem scoring goals this season. Unfortunately, we can't assume that his injury plagued past is behind him either, which is a major factor in this deal.

I don't want him either. He's a great player but he's horrible, he's expensive & he's injury prone. He never wins fuck all, we do, so I just don't understand why we need him in particular. Sign the bloke who will be as good as Van Persie in two years instead. He's out there somewhere.

Can't Understand the desire to take a 1 in 2 striker from
Another league unproven in this country over a proven 3 in 4 striker from the prem ! I don't hugely like him but if we want to put the ball in the onion bag in the prem there is no one better. It would also significantly damage one of our 2 closest rivals

The media is spewing some bullshit news about us and RVP saying we'll offer him £250,000 a week.

We should in no way go for him. We have Dzeko, Tevez, Aguero and Balotelli. Strikers that are in there prime as well as young that will still get better. Each one of them has played a part in us winning the league this season.

Dzeko's goals at the start of the season, Aguero constantly throughout the season, Tevez revitalized us towards the end. Balotelli bagged some goals at the start.

We do not need any other strikers, unless any of them are sold. Balotelli looks like he's staying, Aguero is obviously staying, Dzeko said he wants to stay, and Tevez looks like he wants to stay and that Mancini wants to keep him. So the one most likely to be sold is Dzeko but I don't think we will sell him.

All 4 strikers are good finishers, and each of them adds a different dimension to our game. We should concentrate on strengthening the defense and midfield positions instead.

There are not many better strikers out there than what we have right now, if we can get players added to our midfield that can add another dimension then that would be money far better spent. Maybe a proper winger, someone that can dribble and put a good ball in (I do think that AJ is much better on the left than he is on the right side, may be worth giving him a run next season on the left side).

Other players like Hazard, who can create, dribble, cross and score, play AMC or on the wings.

A player who can cover for Toure, or another center back that can challenge Kompany and Lescott for a position (rather than Savic who should be loaned out). These are areas where we need to strengthen, not strikers.

But for people to be going on about RVP, a 29 or 30 year old, who in a year or two will be far closer to retirement than anything, is a waste of money.

Tevez has to go though we cannot risk the nonsense we have had for Two years again. I would like to see him go and someone like Van Persie in, with a winger and a player like Martinez. Then for good luck Bale for left back/wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.