robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't want him. he is soon 29 and dodgy injury record. Great player but this would be already taking the piss. Don't want more players from Arsenal. Let's focus on the strikers we have and if there was one striker we were to buy, Cavani please.

Jumanji said:
People don't want him primarily because he plays for Arsenal.

not true.

hes a top top player but is no spring chicken.

poor injury record too.

cavani would be a better option in my opinion

Jumanji said:
People don't want him primarily because he plays for Arsenal.

People are concerned over his age and injury history. The 11/12 season is the only time in 8 seasons at Arsenal he's managed over 30 league games. And players become even more frail as they get older.

His list of injuries is incredible. 9 recorded injuries in the last 5 seasons.

Sometimes football is about the here and now.

At times we lacked the know how during the season to break teams down. Van Persie proved countless times he can find ways to win a football match single handedly, in both the league and Champions League.

The more of this type of player we have, the better.

BlueCityfan said:
Really don't want him. he is soon 29 and dodgy injury record. Great player but this would be already taking the piss. Don't want more players from Arsenal. Let's focus on the strikers we have and if there was one striker we were to buy, Cavani please.

Agree, best case for us is he goes to Juventus, that way Arsenal are gutted and we don't have to pay his wages.

He gets injured too much, I'd rather have Cavani.

I think this has been coming. After every match Mancini has said, "I think we deserve to win this game because we have many chance to score" He has been disappointed with a lot of our finishing, and he wants a player that will, guaranteed hit the target 4 times out of 5. Van Persie fits that bill perfectly.

I am strongly against this signing and don't really understand the logic of it. He's a brilliant player of course and would definitely give us something extra but at his age, with that injury record, at these sums of money? Just doesn't add up to me even though I don't doubt RVP is well up for it.

Oh well though, its not my call or my head on the block, certainly not how I'd use our precious resources though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.