Robinho Celebration

m27 said:
Soulboy said:
Are all the people you talk to as stupid as you? Yeah, that would explain a lot...

Just for a bit of balance, every City fan I talk to thinks that Robinho should be perservered with and not judged till he's fully fit.

I'm just back in from Scunny and I thought Robi was excellent. His link up play and vision are at a level way beyond most of the Premiership.

Did he make enough block tackles... probably not. But then again did Nedum play one-two's, dribble around opposing players and set up our play wonderfully well at times.. probably not.

It's horses for courses. A balance. A bit of this and a bit of that.

It's what makes the world go around.

And it's what makes good teams great.

My love/hate relationship with Robinho goes on....

I completely agree regarding his performance today mate. His touches were sublime and he was genuinely fun to watch. Why does he wind me up so much when he's below par though? Why can I excuse Bellamy being shit on occasions but not Robinho?

It's obviously to do with 'work rate' and I realise that this isn't necessarily fair. So, from now on, I'm not going to slate him and just pray it comes together for him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "Robbie Lover"... it's just that players like him should be used sparingly, like Saffron in a recipe! He is the spice that can transform us from top 4 to top 1.

He might not be. I don't know for sure. But until he's fully fit nd we've brought in someone of at least that quality, I see NO reason to let him leave.

Is his heart in it? I've no idea. I don't really care. But I watched him today and he brings a glow to me like no other since Kinkladze (and there will be hundreds on here just lining up to berate me about him as well!).

I just don't see why we can't have a style about us, as well as being "winners". Great teams are a mix of the workhorses and ballerinas!

Is he the answer? I don't know. But I'm prepared to give him more of a chance than say Jamie Pollock, Barry Conlon or Stuart Lee!

I'm sick of logging on week after week and seeing the Robbie bashing that goes on. FFS most people seem to want him to fail. Yes hes not been great and yes hes not the best tackler on the planet buy maybe if people got behind him rather than on his back you might see a difference. For what its worth even tho a minor point the fact he came out today in a short sleeved shirt as opposed to the long sleeves, thermal vest , gloves etc shows me at the very least he wants to knuckle down and play for the team so any chance we can support rather than crucify the guy cos him goin out on loan benefits no one

I'm sick of logging on week after week and seeing the Robbie bashing that goes on. FFS most people seem to want him to fail. Yes hes not been great and yes hes not the best tackler on the planet buy maybe if people got behind him rather than on his back you might see a difference. For what its worth even tho a minor point the fact he came out today in a short sleeved shirt as opposed to the long sleeves, thermal vest , gloves etc shows me at the very least he wants to knuckle down and play for the team so any chance we can support rather than crucify the guy cos him goin out on loan benefits no one

Lotuz said:
Watch the replay again and you can see that he's almost shedding a tear...
He does NOT want to leave, but all these media whores on here keep believing whatever GOAL, SSN, NOTW, etc puts on their plate. Wake up!
This goal is what he needed and total support from our fans to get him back to his prime, he's not there yet.
Form is not something you switch on and off like a lightswitch.

I agree with this. At the end when he looks at the camera before doing his suck a baby he looks like he's about to burst into tears. He obviously loves our fans which is why he ran over to them.

Sylvinho's interview at the end seemed to indicate that rather than wanting to jump ship Robinho is being pushed out of the club.

Whatever happens I think that Robinho is getting some seriously unfair stick from some of our so called fans. I've never been a great fan of Robinho and he's always frustrated me, I prefer players who attack with pace but fuck me lads you'd think he was Negouai the way some of you go on about him on here.

Lets be honest, we weren't forced to pay 32.4 million quid for him. A fee which still staggers me to this day because the fee Chelsea were close to agreeing was around 20 million. It was blatant at the time he was bought by the club as a brash statement of our new found wealth and he has had to live up to the hype we created around him.

I'm not getting involved in the petty 'Robinho in' or 'Robinho out' that we've had all too with Hughes but I do want him to stay because he's obviously a talented footballer. If he's happy to battle for his place and prove his worth to the team then why not keep him.

didsburyblu said:

There's no point mate, the mob have spoken.

Armed with pitchforks and burning torches, they've decided that Robinho must go and seem intent on doing whatever they can to drive him from the club.

And the mob never get it wrong.

I mean, was it just two years ago the most popular phrase on here whenever the name of Stevie Ireland was mentioned was "And I'll fucking drive him there..."?

Now it's "Ireland is Superman"... the mob have spoken again.

And was it only three months ago we had numerous mob members telling us that Tevez was crap... that he was all that the Rags had said about him being a headless chicken... that he would end up getting the manager the sack...?

The mob had spoken.

Now the mob have somewhat reappraised their views, stubbed out their burning torches and garaged their sharpened pitchforks as Tevez, after all, is the best striker we've had in living memory.

It must be great to be in the mob, where you don't have to think, you just go along with the, erm... mob.

So Robinho, you are in good company. And don't think you will be the last mob target... there's always a mob, and there's always a target... it's just a matter of time.

Mancini anyone?

Soulboy said:
m27 said:
My love/hate relationship with Robinho goes on....

I completely agree regarding his performance today mate. His touches were sublime and he was genuinely fun to watch. Why does he wind me up so much when he's below par though? Why can I excuse Bellamy being shit on occasions but not Robinho?

It's obviously to do with 'work rate' and I realise that this isn't necessarily fair. So, from now on, I'm not going to slate him and just pray it comes together for him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "Robbie Lover"... it's just that players like him should be used sparingly, like Saffron in a recipe! He is the spice that can transform us from top 4 to top 1.

He might not be. I don't know for sure. But until he's fully fit nd we've brought in someone of at least that quality, I see NO reason to let him leave.

Is his heart in it? I've no idea. I don't really care. But I watched him today and he brings a glow to me like no other since Kinkladze (and there will be hundreds on here just lining up to berate me about him as well!).

I just don't see why we can't have a style about us, as well as being "winners". Great teams are a mix of the workhorses and ballerinas!

Is he the answer? I don't know. But I'm prepared to give him more of a chance than say Jamie Pollock, Barry Conlon or Stuart Lee!

This is my problem though. The mere mention of Gio's name gets me grinning madly and thinking back to the great memories he gave us during some truly awful times. I remember telling people who didn't rate him that they were complete idiots and didn't deserve such a talent at our club.

The irony isn't lost on me.

Ok let’s take aside our personal opinions here. Lets just say from a neutral point of view the press reports are correct, that shortly before today’s match the alleged reports of Robinho giving an interview in his home country that it was his last game for city and he is going back to play for Santos are true, with all the consequences for our club.

His alleged statement obviously goes against the clubs position judging by Mancini interview.

When we have paid so much for this player, invested so much faith in him is this reasonable and acceptable behaviour, completely disregarding his form, attitude and disinterest over the last 12 months?

Judging by some of the comments on here it seems that people are perfectly willing for Robinho to shit all over us I am just wondering if they will maintain this position if what is being reported pans out ?

The only thing that depresses me more than Robinho's impending departure, is the fact that there are some blues who will be glad to see the back of him. Just don't understand the negativity that surrounds him, but I'm sure they'll find another target for their 'support' once he's gone.

If he has acted as has been suggested in the media what will be your opinion then ? Seems to be alot of very forgiving fans towards Robinho. I can accept SWP going to CHelsea at the time, I can Accept Sturridge going there, I can understand the reasons, this isnt just a witch hunt, I would never get on a players back at matches.

With what we are paying him and paid in a fee with his ability and the way we know he can play I cant accept how be has behaved at city over the last 12 months.

He doesnt give a shit about playing for city, he doesnt want to be here its just so clear, spuds match Everton just 2 recent examples. He has been on the radio over in Brazil its on tape its just not acceptable on top of his horrific form over the last 12 months and his attitude thats enough for me personally. With the money we have paid and his wages no idea how you sort this problem out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.