Robinho hopes for Santos stay

F*ck it. If we can afford to waste £32mil then lets waste it on putting him on the reserves bench for a few years to serve as a warning to any other primo who thinks we owe them a favour for coming here and getting wages no other club will match. Dont get me wrong - idealy he would come back and come good, but if he can't sort the attitude out then he needs to be put in his place.

The swap angle might be interesting, do Santos have any young players that we might want. He's not coming back so let's cut our financial loss on the deal by snapping up some players. If we get some Brazilians here young enough they should be able to adjust to the culture and the football. Just because they're born in Brazil and we've had our fingers burned doesn't mean it can't be done.

I'm surprised at how worked up (and surprised?) people seem to be getting.

My initial response was "meh. ok."
Then I had an epiphany that we should loan him to far flung clubs. The Russian clubs were a good idea, but I'm sure he can still find a nightclub in Moscow. So I've narrowed it down to two:

1. FK Liepājas Metalurgs-Latvian champions, Robbie would love the warmish summers and learn about how cold winter can get. He'd be at the top of the table, competing for the Latvian Higher league crown, and he'd be only two two-legged ties away from the Champions League group stages! And from what I hear, Lettish isn't too hard to learn.

2. Real Salt Lake-He's already played for one royal club, why not try the "real" one? As reigning MLS champions, he'll be joining a winner. And he would be playing in a champions league of sorts, the Concacaaf Champions League! He already kind of knows English, so I'm sure the transition will be easy! Besides, Salt Lake City is known for it's culture and diversity, though he might have a slightly tricky time finding a nightclub, or alcohol, caffeine or fun for that matter. Even if he doesn't fancy it, he'd still be the best player in the league.

Hopefully we would be able to get something in return like Neymar, this year or the next. If nothing else, atleast we have improved our relations with Santos by gifting them 32m player :P Hopefully they can give us the first choice if they have a great player in future.

he's an idiot and has effectively just waved any rights to more money from city. feel a bit sorry for him infact, he has been badly advised time after time, but he's done as well out of it financially as anyone.

BREACH-OF-CONTRACT

Pay up with those diamonds in your ear Robbie!

quiet_riot said:
No club worth it's salt wants him. Off you pop and rot in a shit league Robbie.

Cheers for the odd occasion you were any good (against crap teams when we were at home.)

Sadly this about sums him up. What a waste. Hope when he's older he'll think back and regret how stupid he was.

What happened to being the worlds best?
He's obviously happy to be a big fish in a very small pond.

Helmet Cole said:
F*ck it. If we can afford to waste £32mil then lets waste it on putting him on the reserves bench for a few years to serve as a warning to any other primo who thinks we owe them a favour for coming here and getting wages no other club will match. Dont get me wrong - idealy he would come back and come good, but if he can't sort the attitude out then he needs to be put in his place.

agreed

set a president. if we pay, you play
put a fucken smile on your face

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.