Robinho interview

BurnCK said:
Why can't you idiots understand that WE DON'T HATE ROBINHO !!

You might not, what about the people calling him twat, wanker and much worse? Oh don't forget the bloke who said he's going to deck him next time he sees him.

Players have advisers and agents who are schooled in getting the right message into the media on their behalf. I'm not saying Robbie hasn't said this, but it seems a timely response for media and fans consumption.

Someone on here has already posted we'll only get to know what he truly thinks after he's moved on. Until then, his advisers will tell him to say the right things.

Best interview for me was Micah Richard's unscripted 'f*cking great' comment after scoring against Villa a few years ago. Now THAT'S when you need some media sound-bites.

Didsbury Dave said:
Listen to you all getting giddy.

It's just interview twaddle. It's totally meaningless.

If you think he's not bothered about being left out of the team you are deluded.

Between the lines, I read in there he's had a bollocking for not training hard enough.

I think we would like to know whether or not he actually believes what he says. The minute he gets on the pitch his performance should speak for itself, but having watched the game on Saturday his performance was a far cry from the same fixture last season. Last season he won us that match - scored one and made the other for the Emerald Prince. I just can't work out what is going on, and I defy anyone, Mancini and Robinho included, to tell us what's going on.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Listen to you all getting giddy.

It's just interview twaddle. It's totally meaningless.

If you think he's not bothered about being left out of the team you are deluded.

Between the lines, I read in there he's had a bollocking for not training hard enough.

I think we would like to know whether or not he actually believes what he says. The minute he gets on the pitch his performance should speak for itself, but having watched the game on Saturday his performance was a far cry from the same fixture last season. Last season he won us that match - scored one and made the other for the Emerald Prince. I just can't work out what is going on, and I defy anyone, Mancini and Robinho included, to tell us what's going on.

There's nothing 'going on', he's not the first player to go through a patch of bad form and he certainly won't be the last. He's looked lively in some games recently to me, chipping in with a few assists, just needs a goal to get his confidence up. The whole team were collectively shit against Everton, I thought he was little unlucky to be the one subbed but it was a strange decision to bring him on as well.

bluem0ng said:
BurnCK said:
Why can't you idiots understand that WE DON'T HATE ROBINHO !!

You might not, what about the people calling him twat, wanker and much worse? Oh don't forget the bloke who said he's going to deck him next time he sees him.

Since when did a bit of name calling ever hurt anyone ? Especially on an internet forum designed for fans to voice their opinions. OK so some people can go a bit overboard, but does anyone seriously believe that a few threads on here are going to force Robinho out of the club ? Seriously ?

If people took placards to games abusing him, etc, then I might agree, but come on......

"The Carling Cup is our first big chance for a trophy," said Robinho. "For me, it will be very hard not to play in the return leg against United

The rest of the interview is just padding for this veiled threat.

I want him to do well as much as the next man and have been one of his supporters on here but I don't like the subtext.

bluem0ng
There's nothing 'going on', he's not the first player to go through a patch of bad form and he certainly won't be the last. He's looked lively in some games recently to me, chipping in with a few assists, just needs a goal to get his confidence up. The whole team were collectively shit against Everton, I thought he was little unlucky to be the one subbed but it was a strange decision to bring him on as well.
True!
Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. We wear our hearts on our sleeves and go off on a ranting binge in our forums. OK after a stella one too many, waking up to a stellar winter cold morning, and reading some post game's review or blogs. Here are one or two of the voice of reasons to sober us up and give us some sense of objectivity.
To Mancini's credit and guts he brought on Robinho (originally planned to sub Bellers) and subbed him out to rectify City's shape . His intent is questioned but in the long run may pay more dividends for City when Robbie is up to speed. Robinhood is not in game shape yet for EPL rigours because of his slow or nonstarts this season. Remember Tevez!
Have we ever consider whether we are duped by the jingoistic media with their agenda? Case in point City's defeat by Everton. Its easier to sernsationalize that Bellamy got fellaini or to knock Robinho as a lazy footballer ala Brazil. However not much credence has been given to the addition of Landon Donavon since his debut at Arsenal. IMO he bootstrapped an Everton team that lacked width and midfield cohesion.
<a class="postlink" href="http://mancityblueplan.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mancityblueplan.blogspot.com/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.