Robinho interview

BurnCK said:
Why can't you idiots understand that WE DON'T HATE ROBINHO !! I would love nothing more than to see him setting the Premiership on fire, skinning players, curling 30 yrd goals, etc,.

However, the simple fact of the matter is that his performances and general attitude are to the contrary. It's all well and good giving interviews saying you love City, you wanna be the best player in the world and you're disappointed at not playing...but unless you back it up with a bit of desire and commitment on the pitch then it means fuck all !!

Actions speak louder than words. If he wants to play then he needs to pull his fucking finger out....end of !

I think thats what he is saying in the interview, he knows he has to perform if he wants to play.

jay_mcfc said:
twinkletoes said:
He's a cry baby like most of the people on here defending him.

Are you for real? The 'haters' are starting threads because he wasn't smiling whilst on the bench!!!!

With a name like yours you'd think you'd appreciate talent.

lol ouch!

Jay, i dont know how you can defend him when he has walked straight into the rooms after being substituted, as opposed to everyone else staying on the bench and supporting the rest of the team.

Anyhow i think this topic has been 'overkill' - everythings been covered now - any more talk and we would be repeating ourselves.

jay_mcfc said:
It IS the average English fans mentality though. If a foreigner isn't hard as fuck, prepared to run 20km per game and score a hat-trick every week then he's a lazy, soft mercenary. Robinho will single handedly win us games if e leave him to it but unfortunately he seems to be the new boo-boy and as soon as he tries a pass that doesn't come off he gets abuse. There has to b a certain amount of leeway with flair players, it's not always going to come off and when it doesn't it looks bad, but you have to look past that and think about the 15 goals and many assists over a season.

I'd say its an image fueled by the media that lazy, ignorant fans like to regurgatate.

I agree with you and Chippy; he was second top scorer to Ronaldo last year, in his first season, in a new league, playing wide left.

He's one of if not the most naturally gifted footballer ever to pull on our shirt; he's not a player that should need to be continually rated by his defensive/physical duties; thats just not the player he is. The conflict is in the mould of Mancini's side and how Robinho fits into that... its possible that Robinho may need to add physical elements to his game to survive here and that wouldn't hurt either.

The flack he takes on here is crazy, Tevez got the same and some fans will never learn.

bluefandk said:
Moronic comment, people sticking up for our players, do because they love the club.

That's crap ! Parents think their kids are the most beautiful in the world, even if they are ugly as sin....that doesn't mean they should be encouraged to enter a beauty pageant !
It's like all these mongs on X-Factor that think they can sing because they're Parents have told them they can.

Sorry but sometimes a bit of harsh reality / tough love is needed !! If Robinho ain't performing then he should be left out of the squad and told why, not lauded just because you love City !!

carlosJPA08 said:
I agreed, we don´t much about MCFC as you, but I think we know more about Robinho than you. he is a spoiled child and was misguided for his former agent. If you believed he didn´t go to Barcelona because he didn´t want, you´re a wrong. He didn´t go because barcelona´s players didn´t want him.

Don´t take as a rookie about City, i don´t know much about the club, but i am a fan for 28 years, i was born in Manchester,i came to Brazil i was two, i don´t support the club because i am a Oasis´fan.

I always tried to find news about City, since Man City promoted to EPL, cable TV and internet it´s much easier than middle 90´s.

I'm deffinately not questioning your support of City mate, i'd never do that. I'm just saying its very easy to paint a warped picture of the Robinho/Man City affair and sterotype the whole thing.

BurnCK said:
bluefandk said:
Moronic comment, people sticking up for our players, do because they love the club.

That's crap ! Parents think their kids are the most beautiful in the world, even if they are ugly as sin....that doesn't mean they should be encouraged to enter a beauty pageant !
It's like all these mongs on X-Factor that think they can sing because they're Parents have told them they can.

Sorry but sometimes a bit of harsh reality / tough love is needed !! If Robinho ain't performing then he should be left out of the squad and told why, not lauded just because you love City !!

That was not the point of my post and you know it, I have never said, that on current form Robbie should be starting, just dont see the point in abusing a city-player.

The haters wants to drive him out of the club, simply because his form is poor atm.

I can't say I blame him for walking down the tunnel at Everton, it's embarrassing being subbed as a sub. We can argue all day about whether that was right or wrong but imo he was better than Tevez and Bellamy that day. I'm certainly not gonna get upset about him going into the dressing room and having a private think about things.

Gstar I completely agree that the media influence fans opinion but then thats just another reason to say the average English fan hasn't a clue. Being able to form your own opinion is a big part of being an adult but football fans are so easily led it's embarrassing.

GStar said:
carlosJPA08 said:
I agreed, we don´t much about MCFC as you, but I think we know more about Robinho than you. he is a spoiled child and was misguided for his former agent. If you believed he didn´t go to Barcelona because he didn´t want, you´re a wrong. He didn´t go because barcelona´s players didn´t want him.

Don´t take as a rookie about City, i don´t know much about the club, but i am a fan for 28 years, i was born in Manchester,i came to Brazil i was two, i don´t support the club because i am a Oasis´fan.

I always tried to find news about City, since Man City promoted to EPL, cable TV and internet it´s much easier than middle 90´s.

I'm deffinately not questioning your support of City mate, i'd never do that. I'm just saying its very easy to paint a warped picture of the Robinho/Man City affair and sterotype the whole thing.

I am not trying to sterotype Robinho/MCFC affair and neither brazilian press is trying. But almost MCFC match, since last season, is broadcasted to Brazil and is possible to noticed that Robinho hide from the game, he said he want to win throphys for City but look like as standard answer, he wouldn´t tell he hate City until find a new club which difficult for him now.

Elano left City and Ireland criticised his attitude, MH lost his job and Petrov told what him think about him. I think Robinho only tell what he really think about City when/if he left.

Personnaly I don´t want him anymore at Manchester, I defended him as much as could, but after Everton game is goodbye to him.

Aussie! said:
He's started 6 premier leauge games, how many goals did Tevez score in his first 6 leauge games this season for us? We've seen how he's gone on from there. People going on about Robinho being terrible this season like he's in the worst form ever fail to acknowledge that you cannot really judge a player who has just come back from 3 months out and only started 3 leauge games since his injury

I'm one of Robinho's biggest fans and continue to defend him but when he gets a chance he has to show that he has a willingness to succeed and start to perform to the level that he's capable of

I agree failsworth, but i think what you may' be missing as per others perspective on robinho - and what i also mentioned was his overall contribution.

does robinho run and track back to defend like tevez does?

he hardly ever tackles.

what you are also failing (excuse the pun) to acknowledge is his attitude. piss poor.

when there is a 1v 1 situation with a loose ball , rob goes half hearted and loses ball- how many times have we seen that happen. sorry but being out injured does not impede your mentality and atttitude.

Robinho is not Tevez. He does close people down and make runs back to help out but because Tevez is the best striker in the world at doing it then Robinho is shit?

If you actually look at how many tackles the likes of Tevez and Bellamy win it isn't very many at all so while their workrate can help to disrupt the opposition it's not the be all and end all of how well the team performs in a game. Things like retaining posession and creating chances are much more important to the overall success of the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.