Robinho must stay

Keep one sublimely talented but disruptive individual at the expense of team harmony.. no thanks. Can't you see that this hasn't worked out so far and he doesn't want to be here?

We have a chance of doing things without him and we shouldn't risk messing it up by bringing him back into the fold only for his toys to come out of the pram when things aren't going his way. He still won't fancy playing away from home on a cold day in January and he still won't be able to accept sitting on the bench for the good of the team, so if necessary he should come back but be left out of the 25.

My concern is that our 25 man squad will be 22ish!!!

Rob, RSC, Bellamy, Jo etc.

Mancini needs to be sure whoever he puts in needs to be ready to give 100%.

How much more do we need to debate this waster.

-Doesn't want to play for us
-Doesn't perform when he does play (when was his last decent performance for us?
-Disrespects the club and its fans at every opportunity

They are hardly queuing up to sign him. Time to move on

Robinho won't get the kind of game in the EPL, over the long term, which would see his game flourish. I think he is the archetypal Brazilian international ball player who cannot bring steel and discipline to his game, and contribute to a team cause. Would still like to stay and come on an' score The Arse goal, but this time against Spuds, MANUre, EFC and The Dippers.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Robinho won't get the kind of game in the EPL, over the long term, which would see his game flourish. I think he is the archetypal Brazilian international ball player who cannot bring steel and discipline to his game, and contribute to a team cause. Would still like to stay and come on an' score The Arse goal, but this time against Spuds, MANUre, EFC and The Dippers.

The difference now is that we have many more class attack players. Earlier, two seasons ago, we basically had him and it was easy for the top teams to mark him out.

Yes I know we had Tevez and Adebayor last season, but to be fair we scored more goals under Mancini during spring (when Robinho was away). Adebayor (not much movement / "lazy", as people said here) and Bellamy wasn't that much of a threat during fall when Robinho was here, so the opposition could put several players to mark out Robinho. Tevez the same, he put up his A-game during spring/winter (and no, I don't believe they suddenly performed better just because Robinho left).

This year we will have Silva and Adam Johnson, and more importantly: Yaya in the middle, who together with Silva will open up the defense much better than De Jong and Barry did (didn't). That will result in attacking players making more runs, which will give the defense a harder time to mark our players.

This, in the end, will give more space for Robinho than he ever had before which will help his game a lot. He needs space so he can go up against players, instead of having two large players jumping on him the second he gets the ball.

It is up to Robinho, I suspect he likes to be the 'big fish', the media and fan star attraction and if he cannot be that at a big club would prefer a 'small pond' like Santos.

However, the City team and formation that he joined did not suit him at all, it left him isolated and exposed his weaknesses, failure to track back, superb first touch but lack of strength to then protest ball etc.

In new City team he would be playing in front of strong players such as DeJong, Yaya Toure, Barry, Milner; would have Barry/Milner protecting full back; would be able to play in the position that he plays for Brazil just behind front striker (similar to role Silva had in friendly against Valencia).

If the 'Brazil' Robinho returns then he would greatly strengthen the squad, but will he accept being number two to Silva?

SambaStyle said:
Mancini got to convince him, he's still one of our best players, if not the best player we have.
Tevez
Adebayor
Silva
Toure
De-Jong
Hart
Given
(Probably Boateng and Kolarov)
I would take all of these over Robinho...If you honestly think he is our best player i pray for you.

mcfcmikey said:
Ive got to disagree strongly with this! We must get rid of robinho asap. I would use him in the Balotelli deal. He doesnt fit into to our style of play, he constantly takes the momentum out of out counter attacks, he is lazy, selfish, and thinks he is bigger than the club. We have much better players than him now, he has done what he was useful for, attracting big names, now we have big names we dont need him. Keep bellers, get rid of Ireland, Santa Cruz, Caciedo, Jo and Robinho. We dont need any sulkers at the club, let Robinho go, and he will soon see what he missed out on.

If we should get rid of sulkers then maybe Bellers should go as well.

He should not be going on Sky and the papers complaining - If he's got a problem it should be dealt with in house

Totally agree with the OP. If I hear one more person say he doesn't track back I might start blowing stuff up. He's not there to track back, he's there to create and score goals. Did you ever see Gary Lineker track back? Romario? Van Basten? Del Piero?

Watched him for Brazil last night and he was outstanding again. So were David Luiz and Neymar who we've been linked with by the way.

Difficult one this.

Absolutely no doubting his talent. If he was to come back, play football and not whine in the press then I think most on here would have him back in a shot.

You just cannot guarantee it though and it seems quite clear he doesn't want to be here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.