Robinho must stay

Shaelumstash said:
Totally agree with the OP. If I hear one more person say he doesn't track back I might start blowing stuff up. He's not there to track back, he's there to create and score goals. Did you ever see Gary Lineker track back? Romario? Van Basten? Del Piero?

The players you have mentioned are all forwards and as such aren't generally expected to track back much. Robinho was being played as a left sided midfield player/winger and therefore was expected to track back. So depends on the position he plays in.

seriously i was like his biggest fan untill he said he doesnt want to come back..

if he doesnt want to come back you cant force him (well you can) but he will play crap in all the matches proberly as he doesnt want to be here.

so tbh i dont know where i stand with him staying or sell him

such a talented player aswell.. was amazing last night

Last year was bellers best, where as robbies first was just average for his standard yet he still did pretty much the same goals And assists wise.

Could be very useful for us

PhuketBlue said:
Shaelumstash said:
Totally agree with the OP. If I hear one more person say he doesn't track back I might start blowing stuff up. He's not there to track back, he's there to create and score goals. Did you ever see Gary Lineker track back? Romario? Van Basten? Del Piero?

The players you have mentioned are all forwards and as such aren't generally expected to track back much. Robinho was being played as a left sided midfield player/winger and therefore was expected to track back. So depends on the position he plays in.

He's a left sided forward who can also play behind the main striker - like Messi does on the right for Barca, or as a number 10 similar to Del Piero. In a 433 there should be enough cover from the midfielders and full back so that he doesn't have to be putting tackles in on the edge of our box. He plays the same position for Brazil, Real Madrid and Santos and he has done quite well for them.

SambaStyle said:
Mancini got to convince him, he's still one of our best players, if not the best player we have.

Too big a risk for me - really is he going to get much game time - yes i want the old Robbie back but then he was the superstar now he is firmly behind Tevez - Silva and Yaya in the superstar stakes andi am not sure he would want that.

mcfcmikey said:
Ive got to disagree strongly with this! We must get rid of robinho asap. I would use him in the Balotelli deal. He doesnt fit into to our style of play, he constantly takes the momentum out of out counter attacks, he is lazy, selfish, and thinks he is bigger than the club. We have much better players than him now, he has done what he was useful for, attracting big names, now we have big names we dont need him. Keep bellers, get rid of Ireland, Santa Cruz, Caciedo, Jo and Robinho. We dont need any sulkers at the club, let Robinho go, and he will soon see what he missed out on.

I personnally think he struggled as teams figured out his/our style of play. At the time, he was our only real creative player and teams cottoned onto this and marked him out of the game. Now we have more potentional match winning players, it would take the pressure of him to perform. Probably the reason why he struggled to shine away from home.

i'm with you.
judge him on the first season, when he was fit.
even if playing him up front alone we would get more out of him than adebayor imho
he has to be judged in the same way as adebayor, and not compared to tevez, or anyone else who runs/tackles all day
with the ball at his feet, passing, moving into space, there is no one better in the premier league. in fact, he's probably won nearly as musch in the air as adebayor too.
OTT?
No, its just my humble opinion and if we can afford to keep him without detriment to the 25, we should. there are 4 or 5 others i would ship out first. show him a bit of love and he can still do the business.

I don't want anyone near the club who has openly said they hope we let him go. What would be the point? He doesn't want to play for us, never did. He was forced here by a number of contributing factors. He's served his purpose, (put us on the map in terms of signings), but now its time get rid and learn from it.

Shaelumstash said:

Watched him for Brazil last night and he was outstanding again. So were David Luiz and Neymar who we've been linked with by the way.

That's not the fans fault for believing that, it's the manager's. Robinho's job WAS to track back when being on the wing. When he didn't, with the formation we played, he left Bridge exposed.

Shaelumstash said:
PhuketBlue said:

He's a left sided forward who can also play behind the main striker - like Messi does on the right for Barca, or as a number 10 similar to Del Piero. In a 433 there should be enough cover from the midfielders and full back so that he doesn't have to be putting tackles in on the edge of our box. He plays the same position for Brazil, Real Madrid and Santos and he has done quite well for them.

Yes, we obviously bought a player who wasn't fit into our formation of playing 4-5-1 at the time. But I doubt any manager would reject the transfer at that time anyway.

The situation may well dictate he stays.

His wages are cost prohibitive to anyone else.

He was ADUG's original standard bearer - there's no way they would justify not including him in the 25 if nothing materialises, elsewhere.

Maybe having a few more recognised big names around the place, would also take the edge off his disquiet.

TH I take it that is why Bellars is out the door to remove any confrontation and I also assume that is why Jo may be back in contention as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.