Robinho smoke and mirrors

robbieh

I personally feel there is more to come on this despite Hughes and Cooke's statements.

In Sport today, admittedly Barca's paper, they are running with the story that following a meeting with Txiki Begiristain City want to sell Robinho. The clincher for them is that Robinho wants out, and that Hughes does not rate him highly enough. In addition it seems that Dani Alves, not Elano, is his soulmate.

In my eyes there is no question that Barca want him. The question really is how much does Hughes want him.

Given that he was the star purchase by our new owner there has to be a lot of PR involved in this so that no-one ends up with egg on their face.

It is inconceivable that the Sheik wants to be embarrassed. So another high profile signing has to be made if Robi goes. My guess is that City will dress it up as 'well if a player wants to go to Barca what can you do?'.

The reality as I see it is that Robinho has been sidelined by Hughes for quite some time. He gets grudging praise in sharp contrast to that lavished on Tevez and Toure, who frankly haven't done anything yet compared to Robi's contribution did last year.

But now Robinho said he want to stay at City, told this to Brazilian Press in Qatar:

O atacante brasileiro disse nesta sexta-feira que não pretende trocar o clube inglês pelo Barcelona. Robinho está em Doha, no Catar, concentrado para o amistoso contra a Inglaterrra, neste sábado, às 15 horas (horário de Brasília). "Estou contente no Manchester City e não quero me envolver no que estão dizendo. Não pretendo mudar de clube", explicou o jogador. - TRANSLATION "I am happy at Man City and I don´t want to coment about this gossip. I don´t intend to go to another club."

Na última semana, o jornal "Sport" garantiu que o atual campeão da Uefa Champions League iria oferecer R$ 17,8 mi, por empréstimo, para ter o ex-santista em seu plantel. Os números do jogador no City não são excelentes, mas não decepcionam. Até hoje, o atacante disputou 32 partidas no Campeonato Inglês e marcou 14 gols.

Robinho segue se recuperando de uma lesão no tornozelo e não deve enfrentar a seleção de Fabio Capello, mas pode jogar contra Omã, na próxima quarta-feira. A Rádio Eldorado/ESPN abre o jogo para a transmissão de Brasil x Inglaterra às 14h30. A narração da partida será de Paulo Soares com comentários de Paulo Calçade e reportagens de Flávio Ortega.

<a class="postlink" href="http://espnbrasil.terra.com.br/manchestercity/noticia/86542_ROBINHO+AFIRMA+ESTAR+FELIZ+NO+MANCHESTER+CITY+E+NEGA+IDA+PARA+O+BARCELONA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnbrasil.terra.com.br/manchest ... +BARCELONA</a>

Even if a move is going to happen, I'm pretty sure that both parties MCFC and Robbie are going to be cagey, Robbie will want his contract paying up if we try to sell him and We will want him to ask for a tfr so we don't have to pay it, Unless Barca compensate either party which I'm not sure they will like the idea of that after paying 32m+ for him.

to me if any player start angling for a move or showing a breaking of the ranks i'd never give him his wish, he'd be on platt lane training with the kids till his contract was up, not just robbie, any player.especially now we dont need the dough. too many payers have rode shipshod over their clubs, the clubs always back down as they can't afford to "waste" the players skill, we can just go and get another player of equal or indeed more value.

carlosJPA08 said:
But now Robinho said he want to stay at City, told this to Brazilian Press in Qatar:

O atacante brasileiro disse nesta sexta-feira que não pretende trocar o clube inglês pelo Barcelona. Robinho está em Doha, no Catar, concentrado para o amistoso contra a Inglaterrra, neste sábado, às 15 horas (horário de Brasília). "Estou contente no Manchester City e não quero me envolver no que estão dizendo. Não pretendo mudar de clube", explicou o jogador. - TRANSLATION "I am happy at Man City and I don´t want to coment about this gossip. I don´t intend to go to another club."

Na última semana, o jornal "Sport" garantiu que o atual campeão da Uefa Champions League iria oferecer R$ 17,8 mi, por empréstimo, para ter o ex-santista em seu plantel. Os números do jogador no City não são excelentes, mas não decepcionam. Até hoje, o atacante disputou 32 partidas no Campeonato Inglês e marcou 14 gols.

Robinho segue se recuperando de uma lesão no tornozelo e não deve enfrentar a seleção de Fabio Capello, mas pode jogar contra Omã, na próxima quarta-feira. A Rádio Eldorado/ESPN abre o jogo para a transmissão de Brasil x Inglaterra às 14h30. A narração da partida será de Paulo Soares com comentários de Paulo Calçade e reportagens de Flávio Ortega.

<a class="postlink" href="http://espnbrasil.terra.com.br/manchestercity/noticia/86542_ROBINHO+AFIRMA+ESTAR+FELIZ+NO+MANCHESTER+CITY+E+NEGA+IDA+PARA+O+BARCELONA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnbrasil.terra.com.br/manchest ... +BARCELONA</a>

brazilian press in quatar... how reliable!

although i do think robby will stay

LOL if it were true that Hughes didn't rate him highly enough. Yet he goes all out for Santa Cruz over three transfer windows.

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
carlosJPA08 said:

brazilian press in quatar... how reliable!

although i do think robby will stay

Why brazilian press not reliable? Brazil in Quatar to play against England! Robinho was together with Kaka during a press interview.

If you want to believe in spain press, fine by me.

This comment about the impact he made in his first season is spot on.

Nobody else has shown any signs that they are going to make as much impact as he did. Ade showed some promise but after that ban he aint been the same.

Hope he stays.

If he goes , so be it. We will carry on regardless. I just dont want it to get messy and him to leave under a cloud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.