Robinho - What Could Have Been?

I loved watching Robinho (Elano too for that matter) and he gave us some beautiful moments (the lob against Arsenal anyone?) but as others have said I'm not sure he'd be suited now to the way we're playing.

Maybe it would've been better for him not being the only 'star' and he did put us on the map somewhat when he signed but the chapter is closed now. Was still a privilege mind to have seen him at City, some of the things he did with the ball would still amaze now if he was here. Ultimately though the likes of Aguero will prove to be more grounded and better for the team ethic in the long term.

-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:18 am --

remoh said:
In that season when he got his 14 goals, by the way, he never scored after 28th December!

Wrong<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:22 am --<br /><br />
remoh said:
Source?
(Not Wiki, I hope.)

lol, you have got to be joking. You think the results pages on wiki are made up?

LMFAO

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I don't know.

All I know is if it wasn't for Hughes and his cronies we'd have still have had Elano and Robinho going into Mancini's reign.

Robinho was still here, he suffered a bad injury playing for Brazil two games into the season which had him sat out for several months and by the time he came back near full fitness Mancini was in charge and immediately loaned him out - would really like to know how that is Hughes' fault.

Elano continues to be a myth on here to stick it to Hughes as well for some reason. I remember him having an average second half to the season under Sven then starting well in his second season before Ireland broke out and provided more in the creative midfield role more consistently than Elano did - in fact I believe the common expression was that Elano had '1 good game for every 5', though he was absolutely brilliant in the Hamburg Europa quarterfinal. Since leaving he had an average spell in Turkey before going back to Brazil..not anything our team at the time or now really were missing.

im not sure Mancini could of worked with Robinho,but your spot on about hughes though.
I think Mancini loves team players,players that think team first.Johnson in a way is the new Robinho.He comes on shows a few pieces of brilliance then disappears.I know for a fact his attitude around the club isnt the best shall we say,and mancini is working to improve this and if Mancini can get the best out of Johnson like he has out of all the players you have mentioned then we really will be going places.

Breaker said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I don't know.

All I know is if it wasn't for Hughes and his cronies we'd have still have had Elano and Robinho going into Mancini's reign.

Robinho was still here, he suffered a bad injury playing for Brazil two games into the season which had him sat out for several months and by the time he came back near full fitness Mancini was in charge and immediately loaned him out - would really like to know how that is Hughes' fault.

Elano continues to be a myth on here to stick it to Hughes as well for some reason. I remember him having an average second half to the season under Sven then starting well in his second season before Ireland broke out and provided more in the creative midfield role more consistently than Elano did - in fact I believe the common expression was that Elano had '1 good game for every 5', though he was absolutely brilliant in the Hamburg Europa quarterfinal. Since leaving he had an average spell in Turkey before going back to Brazil..not anything our team at the time or now really were missing.

Robinho was already spiritually gone before Mancini had got here.

Elano, myth? oookay....

Berkovic_blue said:
I loved watching Robinho (Elano too for that matter) and he gave us some beautiful moments (the lob against Arsenal anyone?) but as others have said I'm not sure he'd be suited now to the way we're playing.

Maybe it would've been better for him not being the only 'star' and he did put us on the map somewhat when he signed but the chapter is closed now. Was still a privilege mind to have seen him at City, some of the things he did with the ball would still amaze now if he was here. Ultimately though the likes of Aguero will prove to be more grounded and better for the team ethic in the long term.

-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:18 am --

remoh said:
In that season when he got his 14 goals, by the way, he never scored after 28th December!

Wrong

-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:22 am --

remoh said:
Source?
(Not Wiki, I hope.)

lol, you have got to be joking. You think the results pages on wiki are made up?

LMFAO

Don't trust Wiki totally, but in this case my source was no better.
Don't you have an erazer on the end of your pencil?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.