Rodney Marsh and Dennis Tueart

I vaguely remember a story from a time when the London Branch had about 100 members and they'd asked Rodney if he could turn up at a do but the answer came back that he charged £10,000 for personal appearances.

I met him once at Preston, when City played there about 20 years ago. I asked him if he'd do an interview and rather than say yes or no he gave me his agent's card. I can't remember the ins and outs of it now but it didn't happen.

I speak to Dennis from time to time and find him quite open and gregarious. Always pleasant whenever I meet him, although he does have a bone-crushing handshake. Maybe that's what Rodney didn't like about him!

As a long time Blue I have met DT Many times over the years and his behaviour towards me and other blues has always been charming .Earlier this year I contacted him to ask would he do a phone interview for my radio show -and within 2 days he phoned me from his office to arrange a date and when we did do the interview he was absolutely wonderful to speak to and gracious with his time .Maybe he has the odd off day like all of us but I think he is great

As a long time Blue I have met DT Many times over the years and his behaviour towards me and other blues has always been charming .Earlier this year I contacted him to ask would he do a phone interview for my radio show -and within 2 days he phoned me from his office to arrange a date and when we did do the interview he was absolutely wonderful to speak to and gracious with his time .Maybe he has the odd off day like all of us but I think he is great
DTKOAG !!!

Sometimes it is best not meeting your hero, they often differ from their persona!! But, I have always judged players on their contribution to City and for me personally, DT was a fantastic winger and after Colin Bell was my fave player mid 70s. I have memories of RM scoring but he wasn't a standout player amongst a team full of very good players. And I suspect like me, they are now both cantankerous old men lamenting a glorious career in their shagging days!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.