Rodney Marsh Q&A "I left my heart in Manchester"

Played in the Indoor version for Chicago in 1986-87, before getting a job as a Financial Analyst and going semi-pro! (No money in football back then, and not that much now, unless you’re a franchise player!)

I was drafted by San Diego Sockers in the MISL and went out there for awhile. Kaz Deyna and Ade Coker (WHU) were their big English players, and they had an English manager whose name escapes me. However, their financial offer was not that hood and basically relied on me having another job to live in San Diego, plus my wife was raised in Chicago and already had a job there, so the choice wasn’t that hard.
Interesting times mate! Think Kazzy Deyna’s lad Norbert went on to do some coaching in San Diego iirc
Some interesting stuff on his time in San Diego and at City in this

Last edited:
Loved Franny giving that dirty red bastard O’Neill a dig (8.00) after a dangerous knee-high foul, especially as Best’s assault on Glyn Pardoe would still have been fresh in the memory. Think he cracked him one off the ball second half as well!
Yeh,saw that,and a few more little things going on,like derbys were in those days.

Interesting times mate! Think Kazzy Deyna’s lad Norbert went on to do some coaching in San Diego iirc
Never a dull moment, if you’re open to possibilities over here.

18-College scholarship
19-Met my missus
22-Finance BS degree
22-Drafted in two different lges
22-Pro soccer player
23-Financial Analyst & Semi Pro
25-Wife & I quit jobs, went to FL
25-Back to Uni/Flight schl- BS & MS
29-Flight Instr/FAA Researcher
31-Airline pilot for last 26 yrs
(B727,737,747,757,767,A319/320)

It’s been quite an adventure for a lad born in Torquay to two Manc parents (Withington & Rusholme) who moved around during his journeyman football career, but who spent most of our lives in Mcr.

Some interesting stuff on his time in San Diego and at City in this
“For the following five years he played against American teenagers and aging footballers from Europe who, just like him, were ending their careers, or earning a buck on their vacation.”

Hey, I resemble that remark!! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.