Rodney Marsh Q&A "I left my heart in Manchester"

I caught up with former blues superstar Rodney Marsh this afternoon for a 'Tales of Blue' Q&A on his City memories for the Facebook page dedicated to my match worn shirts collection.

Fascinating stuff from a very honest Rodney Marsh who holds City & Manchester very close to his heart.

You can view the Q&A here https://m.facebook.com/groups/376485759704307/

View attachment 8321

Page also features Q&A's with Clive Wilson, Tony Henry, Mick McCarthy, Martin Phillips, Terry Phelan, Eddie McGoldrick, Andy May, Rick Holden, Steve Kinsey, Brian Horton and many other former blues.

The page has now over 3000 members and over 30 former City players onboard also.
Any way to view without Facebook? Not on it

Me too. The OP's page has become a very welcome source of City material for those Blues who are on Facebook. I'd advise any fans with an account on there to sign up.
also listen to Nedum Onouha's pod casts as they are good.

enjoyed the Milner and Hughes ones so far, quite illuminating

Rodney Marsh, great player and entertainer, he was a joy to watch, one of the first ball jugglers to grace the first division, I certainly enjoyed his time playing for City. People say he lost us the League, I don't think he did, people forget that Colin Bell got injured during the season and missed 8 to 9 games, and we lost 4 to 5 of those games without the King, unfortunately Rodney got the blame, and has lived with it for the rest of his life, I think people need to drop this and show our support of another great player, my best mates Idol, god bless him.
Towards the end of that season, Joe Corrigan got injured, and Ron Healey took his place. The defence didn't appear to have much confidence in him, and he was often suspect against tall forwards. I went to every game in that season (71/2) both home and away, and I remember he was beaten in the air twice by Ron Davies, against Southampton away, for their goals, something that would not have happened if 6' 5" Joe had been there.
Don't forget, we lost the league by one point to Derby that year, so it's a bit unfair to blame him alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.