Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't get the hate for him. He always makes himself available, has a good range of passing, he's not afraid to put a tackle in and also adds height to set pieces. Sure he could be more dynamic but it's all about having the right balance in the team. Looks better alongside Kev and add Phil's energy with Bernardo on form and our midfield looks great. Today you look at the other players we were linked to at the time we bought him - Fred & Fernandes and for me I would rather have Rodri at age 23 - he's a top player and will be important to both us and he Spanish national side in the years to come.

Why if Pep is obsessed with rest and rotation has he played the last 8 consecutive games?

He brings fuck all to this team that Gundo doesn't in the six role.
Better shooting, way better defensively, much much stronger and good in the air. It’s his first season in a new country with a completely different playing style. He has showed several times this season that on his best, he’s a fantastic DM, but it’s common to be a little inconsistent in his first season. He also plays most games and gets little rest

He’s a more gifted version of Barry but his weaknesses tend to be exposed by stronger opposition. But I don’t think partnering him with Gundogan does him any favours.

The problem with Rodri is he doesn’t possess natural pace but we constantly pair him with similarly slow players. He needs energetic players around him to make him shine. Look how much better we looked with Phil in a central midfield role today. IMO Gundogan needs binning off and young hungry players introduced ASAP otherwise we look pensive and unambitious

Really don't get the hate for him. He always makes himself available, has a good range of passing, he's not afraid to put a tackle in and also adds height to set pieces. Sure he could be more dynamic but it's all about having the right balance in the team. Looks better alongside Kev and add Phil's energy with Bernardo on form and our midfield looks great. Today you look at the other players we were linked to at the time we bought him - Fred & Fernandes and for me I would rather have Rodri at age 23 - he's a top player and will be important to both us and he Spanish national side in the years to come.

Thing is, that point right near the start is one of my issues with him; I don’t think he does always make himself available. His angles are poor sometimes and he doesn’t always work hard enough to find a space where the player with the ball can give it to him. Instead he often just stands there, or just moves a little. Him and Gundo sometimes, don’t do this anywhere enough compared to David/Nasri/Yaya did with their triangles back in the day. More dynamism off the ball when we are in possession please.
As others have said, he’s also a tad ponderous on the ball when it comes to passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.