Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by karen7, 17 Jul 2019.

1. Gaylord du Bois

Gaylord du Bois

Looks like he's got it all, to me. Only a matter of time before he unleashes his inner Yaya.

George Hannah likes this.
  2. blue roo

blue roo

I have been worried about the day that Fernandinho calls it a day , I’m not anymore.

3. karen7

karen7

Rodri on life at Manchester City: “I feel better every day. It’s good to get minutes - it's not easy to get into a team with the dynamic City have – overwhelming, always wanting to attack. I’m trying to settle well, I know I still have a lot to learn..."

"I’m happy because Pep’s showing me a lot of confidence. I want to help the team with my style, but I need to identify what the team demands. I’m feeling really settled, I like the city. This group of guys is great, it will be like being with my family..."

“When the team gives everything, plays the way we know and create chances, we all have to be satisfied because we’re doing our job well."

Rodri on his home debut: “I'm not happy, because we want to win. The truth is we’re at the beginning of the season, there’s a lot to come. The most important thing is to stay calm - step by step, but being aware that we have to take the chances to score.”

Rodri on the VAR incident in #MCITOT: ”It is a little bit difficult to get used to it. Sometimes you don’t know why some actions are checked and others aren’t, but I think that the officials try to do their job the best they can..."

“We can only analyse what we control, we can’t control the things not in our hands. We need to keep working the way we’ve been doing. The team is doing well. Every time you don’t win, you’ve done something wrong, but we’re on the right path.” [via @ManCity]

argyle likes this.
  4. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Team supported:
    MCFC.
    98% pass completion...I imagine he got 8/10 at least in all the papers Sunday...oh wait. .

5. BosnianBlue

BosnianBlue

Team supported:
    City
  6. karen7

karen7

fernandinho on Rodri: “There are tough games to come, especially away at places like Burnley, Everton and Watford – different kinds of challenges but he is going to learn. We are going to work closely. I will be there for him to talk and advise with what he needs..."

"He’s already a quality player who I like very much. He has done really well in pre-season and in the first few games he’s played in the Premier League. He’s tall, technically very good. He’s going to help us a lot this season and in the future.” [via @ManCity]

7. karen7

karen7

I'm disappointed pep didn't say anything about swarbrick branding him a cheat,he was looking for it,it was a dive,branded a cheat his 2nd game in the prem,the other refs will take that fowards

Pep could have said something like i like var but it shouldn't be used to call players cheats

8. lmhblue1

lmhblue1

9. jimharri

jimharri

This lad is going to be special. Calmed everything diwn when he came on.

ojeme and BosnianBlue like this.
  10. Pablo1

Pablo1

He’s going to be as revered as Dinho before the seasons over.