Rodri Injury Updates | City say ligament injury (pg117)

Don’t think Gundo was ACL, think he was dislocated kneecap or something like that. Sane, Laporte and Mendy.
Unfortunately poor guy had both. He has dislocated knee cap when he joined us (hence we got him somewhat cheap). Then tore his ACL in his first season with us. Amazing that he recovered to be the player he is.

Anyone else thinking that our game against Newcastle this weekend will be an audition for Bruno. G?

Buying him in January seems obvious to me (if he's keen). He knows the league, he's very good and his purchase would surely finally give us rotation depth for Rodri further down the line.

I suppose the real question is, would you rather be a player who doesn't play every game but wins silverware, or be the main man and not win anything? I know a certain lad from Villa who made that choice, I think he chose correctly.
The minor issue of what one receives on pay day is also an important factor usually.

Unfortunately poor guy had both. He has dislocated knee cap when he joined us (hence we got him somewhat cheap). Then tore his ACL in his first season with us. Amazing that he recovered to be the player he is.
Christ. Amazing how memory can play those tricks, certainly don’t remember losing him for that length of time. I’d say it’s pretty much a player a season for most teams, on average.

Not necessarily. It is actually more normal to allow time for inflammation to subside and conditioning on the knee. Surgery is frequently up to a month+ after the injury

They want to operate as quickly as possible so the stopwatch can start on the healing process, normal people will potentially face that level of delay.

I’m pretty sure we’ve had players fly to Barcelona the night they got injured and be operated on less than 36 hours after the injury.

I’m pretty sure we’ve had players fly to Barcelona the night they got injured and be operated on less than 36 hours after the injury.
Yeah, it happens. Like I said, normal people don’t get their MRI done within 24 hours and the kind of care that Rodders does. Due to the 9 month recovery you want to get that underway asap. I do think level of swelling makes a difference though too, but as Rodders was wandering round without a brace and crutches my guess is he hasn’t got significant swelling so should be operated on pretty quickly, if he needs surgery.

Unfortunately, for mere minion like me, my ACL being done next week is 8 months after I suffered the injury! Haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.