Rodri Injury Updates | City say ligament injury (pg117)

I`m no GP but seeing Rodders actually walk off the park without a stretcher gives me a bit of hope.Would you be able to put down any weight bearing on it,if it was that bad ?
I don`t know the answer but a couple of you have had similar problems in the past.

You can walk fairly fine even with a ruptured ACL

Either way, Lewis will be a very adequate deputy.

My only concern with that is, Rico is fast turning in a very very accomplished right back.
In the biggest games I’d opt for 2 of Bernardo, Kovacic, Gundogan. With Rico or Stones adding their presence when required.

Anyone from the lower end of the PL or some of the dross we play in the CL i’d be playing O’reily, he looks a real talent.

Hope Rodri is back next week though!

So, the bloke who has been complaining about overusing the players, one who has probably played more than anybody else since he’s been here, for club and country, finally succumbs to a situation that he is highlighting, yet no talk whatsoever of what he is complaining about.

The schedule is absolutely fucked up these days while every one of the footballing bodies try to get their cut of the pie. None of them give a fuck about the players, or even quality of the football, all they care about is money.

Obvs accidents happen and injuries can occur for a lot of reasons. We dont know for sure what happened or why. But im pretty certain that on balance we'll see more of these sorts of injuries over time as the schedule gets more and more packed. No matter how much you pay players there's only so much one's body can take.

Would sort of love it if City had just planted this story to get Arsenal fans overexcited though and he actually turns out at the weekend.

Didn't Aguero do his in a season opener against Southampton, 2012/2013 iirc? I'm sure he went down injured and it looked really serious, but then somehow he came back on the pitch and tried to run it off before being subbed. I've seen that sort of thing happen a few times where players don't realise the extent of the injury initially. I may be mistaken and it was a different injury altogether for Sergio of course?

Anyway, it was positive to see Rodri walking unaided the following day. I'd have expected crutches and/or his knee to have been heavily strapped, but then there may be a reason it's not been. Only commenting as a fan with zero medical knowledge but to me it looked positive.

Fingers crossed for good news, which at this moment in time I'd be delighted if it were "only" 3-4 months out.

I would assume the media thought it was an ACL injury because they heard he was off to see Dr Cugat. I'm hopeful no news is good news, as an ACL is quick to diagnose, but sadly the way he went down makes me think it's severe. It might not be the ACL but it could still be something requiring surgery and taking 12 months to return.

Hoping I'm wrong and it's a twisted knee and he's just a bit of a pussy...but Rodri is a beast and I can't see it.

I`m no GP but seeing Rodders actually walk off the park without a stretcher gives me a bit of hope.Would you be able to put down any weight bearing on it,if it was that bad ?
I don`t know the answer but a couple of you have had similar problems in the past.
Lots of examples of people being able to walk after an ACL injury, even of some players trying "to run it off"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.