Rodri Injury Updates | City say ligament injury (pg117)

I`m no GP but seeing Rodders actually walk off the park without a stretcher gives me a bit of hope.Would you be able to put down any weight bearing on it,if it was that bad ?
I don`t know the answer but a couple of you have had similar problems in the past.
Van Dijk walked off the pitch when he did his acl. Means nothing

We're a multi talented lot on BM mate. The incredible diagnostic and medical knowledge on this thread is matched only by the managerial expertise in the match day threads.
You’re forgetting financial experts. (Apologies to those who are)!!
I don’t understand how two doctors would diagnose an injury differently. Is Rodri being flown around Europe to see top knee surgeons in the hope of one saying he’ll be back in a month?
The other one is Dave on Bluemoon.

I noticed on the highlights Rodri was stood at the end of the tunnel watching the game surely he should’ve been strapped up on the physio table

I noticed on the highlights Rodri was stood at the end of the tunnel watching the game surely he should’ve been strapped up on the physio table
Maybe he's just coming over all shop steward again and going on strike?

I like that Pep says safe recovery not speedy recovery. He is thinking of the player. That is the difference between a good manager and a great manager. People management and caring. IMHO
Yes Eccles. How many times have we seen players rushed back, only to break down a few games in. I'm just praying it's a slight tear which is around 3 months..its a long shot, but until I get the news from the club I'm being positive.

I completely ruptured my ACL about 5 years ago. I walked off the pitch. Apart from severe swelling and stiffness, I was able to walk around as normal.
By the time I had a scan and saw a surgeon - 16 months, I was mountain climbing.
The ACL is like a check strap on a car door. In normal use the muscles of the knee keep the joint stable, but under extreme loads the ACL keeps the joint from hyperextension. After a complete rupture, you're not supposed to play contact sports, as blows to the back of the knee can cause hyperextension - not checked by the ACL - and thus cause further knee injuries.
Having said that I play football - chill level - every week and have done for 3 years.
In a professional athlete they'll repair any damage to preclude future injury.
The severe swelling reminds me of when I got a ball smacked right in my goolies! The bruising was horrendous and the pain just as bad. My hampton swelled up to 3 times the size. I went to the doctors the next day and asked can you please get rid of this pain and bruising, but can I please keep the swelling.?.

When I did the one in my right knee, I'd woken up in recovery at Salford Hope, & an hour later the consultant told me to see if I could walk to the toilet. I did, & when I got back he told the nurse to get me something to eat & drink.

Two hours later, I walked out of the hospital with just a bandage on my knee, without crutches. The consultant said that research shows the recovery time is dramatically reduced, the quicker you start walking.

He told me not to do any running or heavy lifting for at least two months, but I was OK to walk, use a cross trainer & exercise bike. I was doing light jogging 2 months later.

Rodri will be getting the very best care every day, so hopefully he'll keep up a decent level of fitness until he can resume jogging & doing shuttle runs.
That’s great news mate. How are you at playing DM?

So, the bloke who has been complaining about overusing the players, one who has probably played more than anybody else since he’s been here, for club and country, finally succumbs to a situation that he is highlighting, yet no talk whatsoever of what he is complaining about.

The schedule is absolutely fucked up these days while every one of the footballing bodies try to get their cut of the pie. None of them give a fuck about the players, or even quality of the football, all they care about is money.

So, the bloke who has been complaining about overusing the players, one who has probably played more than anybody else since he’s been here, for club and country, finally succumbs to a situation that he is highlighting, yet no talk whatsoever of what he is complaining about.

The schedule is absolutely fucked up these days while every one of the footballing bodies try to get their cut of the pie. None of them give a fuck about the players, or even quality of the football, all they care about is money.

No talk indeed, including from the clueless among our fans who criticized Rodri for his words. Maybe they'll say "no sympathy" since he earns a lot of money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.