Rodri Injury Updates | City say ligament injury (pg117)

Hopefully we go into the market in January - we all knew we needed cover for Rodri in the summer it was only a matter of time he picked up a serious injury playing at the intensity and the amount he does.
I suppose it depends on how well we get on without him. We're either going to cope well in his absence or his replacements may be incapable of coping in his position.
I'm not sure why you think he was going to pick up a serious injury as he had been fairly free of any injuries up to the euros final.
I'm more concerned that the likes of DeBruyne, Ake and Stones don't seem to be able to get a long run in the team without having some sort of an injury/ niggle.
The positives are that both Bobb and Echeverri should be available for the run in after January.
In hindsight, we may have been better hanging onto Callum Doyle or Issa Kabore but that's just the chance you take.

It's worrying, although we started the season well without him which I think has gone unnoticed a bit. We absolutely capitulated without him last season. It will cost us, there has been very little between us and Arsenal the last two years. This is massive.
wow the hyberbole. We lost 3 games - 2 to deflected goals and 1 by a player who shouldnt have been on the pitch. And we won 3 games this season with Kovacic as DCM

wow the hyberbole. We lost 3 games - 2 to deflected goals and 1 by a player who shouldnt have been on the pitch. And we won 3 games this season with Kovacic as DCM
Irony considering I pointed out our good start to the season without him? You going to argue with our win percentage with him in/out the team? If we won the league on the last game of the season last year, that side has improved a bit, we have probably stood still and now one of our most valuable players are out for the season, it would suggest we are in for a tight, tough season. You can dissect the games we lost without him all you want. We was second best in them all.

All this doom and gloom. In Kova we already have one of the finest DM's in the premier league. Its shit that we have lost Rodri for a season (maybe) but this idea we cant win trophies without him is wrong. We have a brilliant squad and the best manager football has ever seen. We will do ok and if we don't win it won't be down to the loss of Rodri.

I reckon it'll be a system change rather than a direct replacement to fill in while Rodri's out. It'll be fun watching Arsenal trying to copy it anyway.
I think you're right. So much gets said about our record without him last season, but this season we have a better and more experienced version of Rico. I think Kovacic has improved in that role, and the arrival of Gundogan is massively important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.