Rodri Injury Updates | TNT & ESPN reporting ACL | Still nothing official

Anyone that wishes injury on an opposing player, or rejoices in such a scenario, needs to take a look at themselves. And no; I don't care that other clubs' fans are doing so. Them doing it doesn't make it right. In my opinion.*

*Other opinions are available.
Thankfully it’s usually only wankers on social media trying to get attention that thrive on stuff like that.

I’m pretty sure we’ve had players fly to Barcelona the night they got injured and be operated on less than 36 hours after the injury.
Yes that's right -- but not for ACL injuries. Every case is different but this is consistent with what I know (and from a good source).

"For a complete tear of the ACL, reconstruction surgery is generally scheduled between 3 to 6 weeks after the injury occurs. This allows inflammation in the area to subside and allows time for physical therapy sessions to focus on restoring normal knee flexion and extension"

Yeah, it happens. Like I said, normal people don’t get their MRI done within 24 hours and the kind of care that Rodders does. Due to the 9 month recovery you want to get that underway asap. I do think level of swelling makes a difference though too, but as Rodders was wandering round without a brace and crutches my guess is he hasn’t got significant swelling so should be operated on pretty quickly, if he needs surgery.

Unfortunately, for mere minion like me, my ACL being done next week is 8 months after I suffered the injury! Haha.
If surgery is performed too early and in patients with limited knee range of motion, patients may develop a profound scarring response called arthrofibrosis, which leads to stiffness of the knee joint
I don’t see what difference waiting another 3 weeks or so will make ultimately he will be out for the season

I can ho

I can honestly say as a football fan i was dissapointed not to see Odegaard play. Great player. Paying the money we do i wantbto see the best players and best matches...then may the best team win. Only non match goers wish injury.. theres two levels of fans in the main..match goers ..and the rest
Tell that to all the Tarquins in SS3, bouncing about like they'd fucking scored a goal.

Odegaard being out was a bonus but never ever anything to celebrate a player from anywhere getting an injury.

If surgery is performed too early and in patients with limited knee range of motion, patients may develop a profound scarring response called arthrofibrosis, which leads to stiffness of the knee joint
I don’t see what difference waiting another 3 weeks or so will make ultimately he will be out for the season
That’s old school.
It used to be advisable not to operate for 6 weeks post ACL rupture but there have been plenty of publications embracing acute repair and rehabilitation as removing blood from the knee has a beneficial effect.
If he has ruptured the ligament he will have surgery soon.

Michael Dawson on SSN: "Rodri is the best holding midfielder in the world, with Declan Lice not a million miles away from that."

tu3xhUI.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.