Rodri Injury Updates | TNT & ESPN reporting ACL | Still nothing official

That gap is critical as well to the ops success...minions never recover properly. Rodri is a big guy and it may be tougher for him than most... you can imagine he'd put some pounds on even with light training
When I did the one in my right knee, I'd woken up in recovery at Salford Hope, & an hour later the consultant told me to see if I could walk to the toilet. I did, & when I got back he told the nurse to get me something to eat & drink.

Two hours later, I walked out of the hospital with just a bandage on my knee, without crutches. The consultant said that research shows the recovery time is dramatically reduced, the quicker you start walking.

He told me not to do any running or heavy lifting for at least two months, but I was OK to walk, use a cross trainer & exercise bike. I was doing light jogging 2 months later.

Rodri will be getting the very best care every day, so hopefully he'll keep up a decent level of fitness until he can resume jogging & doing shuttle runs.

Michael Dawson on SSN: "Rodri is the best holding midfielder in the world, with Declan Lice not a million miles away from that."

tu3xhUI.gif

To be fair, Dawson may think Lice is 900,000 miles away from Rodri's level. That's about right, in my opinion.

When i did mine (which was 18 years ago), i damaged 4 different ligaments. My ACL was severely ruptured and the only “fix” was a donor. I was in agony and there was no chance i could walk off like Rodri did. I was carried off, someone drove me home from the jjb, then at 2am i was in that much pain i called an ambulance.

Rodri is not that bad which is a great sign. But even if he has damaged 1 ligament and its a small tear its 3/4 months. Anything worse and its likely 6 months minumum which would be virtually season ending. Seeing him limping out of the hospital this morning without a crutch is as positive as it can be all things considered.

Last edited:
Best case scenario would be return in May. Timber did his early last season. Returned for some games off bench at end of year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.